Another american bike

cannibalq8

Another american bike

#1 Post by cannibalq8 »

Hi guys

Yesterday while I cleared my Banshee from the customs (over 6 hrs) I saw a truck carry 3 strange street bikes with V-Twin engine then I decide to take a near look. I found that these bikes called Buell ... the design, headers and even the chain looks strange little bit. I asked the truck driver and he told me that these bikes for Harley Davidson dealer in Kuwait.

Here is their website http://www.buell.com/en_us/bikes_gear/

* The model which I saw is Lighting City

CdaleRacer0128

#2 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

yep they are pretty nice bikes, my brother-inlaw is a trained technician for about 3 years for the buell bikes and harley's..

i got to ride my frist a few months ago, then lately rode an R6 and the difference was crazy!

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

From what ive heard the single cyllinder entry level buells are pretty popular. I dont really get the whole retarded harley v twin in high tech chassis thing. I guess its a niche market thing. If they tried to compete with a conventional bike they would be long gone. Much like first year cannondales bikes.

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

i love their styling but they are designed for the smaller person. feel like my head is out over the front tire. too bad they didn't give them more oooomph. it's a shame to look so fast and sleek with 1200 cc's and get spanked by a 600 jap bike.:cry:

theJeStEr1340

#5 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by cdrookie
i love their styling but they are designed for the smaller person. feel like my head is out over the front tire. too bad they didn't give them more oooomph. it's a shame to look so fast and sleek with 1200 cc's and get spanked by a 600 jap bike.:cry:

Harley's have never been know for makign HP. I wonder if they will try to put the V-rod engine in a buel soon.

4strokemadman

#6 Post by 4strokemadman »

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

The Buell styling is definitely cool and Rookie is right they are designed for short people like me. I have seen 6ft and taller guys trying to ride them. Looks like a giant on a mini bike.

Now for my negative. They are way overpriced and severely underpowered to compete with any sport bike. It is a shame because it is nice to say I ride an american bike, but not at their price. As for the V-rod motor. That won't help them either. Not enough rwhp to compete. Big dogs in the street bike world (Kawi zx-10 and the Hayabusa and GSXR 1000) are all hitting over 150 rwhp. Not to mention the lighter machine compared to the buell.

theJeStEr1340

#8 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by Derno24
The Buell styling is definitely cool and Rookie is right they are designed for short people like me. I have seen 6ft and taller guys trying to ride them. Looks like a giant on a mini bike.

Now for my negative. They are way overpriced and severely underpowered to compete with any sport bike. It is a shame because it is nice to say I ride an american bike, but not at their price. As for the V-rod motor. That won't help them either. Not enough rwhp to compete. Big dogs in the street bike world (Kawi zx-10 and the Hayabusa and GSXR 1000) are all hitting over 150 rwhp. Not to mention the lighter machine compared to the buell.

Your probably right.

J. Delaney

#9 Post by J. Delaney »

You should see that Moto Czsyz bike in person! That thing is so tiny it's unbelievable! Looks more like a 125 GP bike.

scooter-crusher

#10 Post by scooter-crusher »

those things are wheelie machines because of the short wheel base, but they get boring fast. i rode a 02 gsxr750 last summer and man that was simply too fast for comfort, but ever since i have wanted one!! (a jap bike that is dont hate me!)