What Battery? How About Two???

scooter-crusher

What Battery? How About Two???

#1 Post by scooter-crusher »

What battery are you guys running?

Just curious? Also is anyone runnning two batteries?
If so how/where do you mount the second one on the quad?

THANKS GUYS!!

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

Yusa YT12A-BS for the main battery.

I can get you the number for my front batteries. As for where to mount them they are usually mounted in front of the steering stem. I can get a pic later.

scooter-crusher

#3 Post by scooter-crusher »

do you run two batteries?

i have one behind the radiator and would like to run two, just wondered how and where would be the best way to mount the second?

JeffQuadShop

#4 Post by JeffQuadShop »

I run 2 batts.

jacobw

#5 Post by jacobw »

jeff how much better does the dual battery setup work I get smoked on the hole shot becuase my quad take about 2-3 rev to start when the zukis and yamaha fire right up. If the cannondale started better I might be able to get out front faster

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

I run double batteries on both quads. Mine is where Jeff has his placed. Right in front of the steering stem. As for starting faster yes it does, but if you have a D&M kit and adjust your I/O to the best spot then it starts even faster. smile.gif

jacobw

#7 Post by jacobw »

I dont have a dm kit now but I had to switch from NGK cr9ek to cr8ek because it kept fouling the 9s and I havent had any trouble with the 8s

JeffQuadShop

#8 Post by JeffQuadShop »

It will make it start about the same as a Yamaha and Z400

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

Trust me when I say this. If you plan on keeping your dale for a long time you will need a D&M kit. I know it isn't the cheapest thing, but it does work. Also it is always good to do a throttle recal every soo often.

jacobw

#10 Post by jacobw »

I have only had my dale about 6 mos and I plan on getting a dm kit. Jeff where did you get your battery box? What batterys do you run just another stock one or???