What Battery? How About Two???

JeffQuadShop

#11 Post by JeffQuadShop »

I had a friend make it out of alum. The Batter is a FAYTZ7-S, I keep them in stock.

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

Got 2, starts nice and fast.

jacobw

#13 Post by jacobw »

is that battery a stock one or a better replacement I have never even looked at my stocker to see what the number is but starting faster would move me up. better chance of a holeshot I can hold my own once I get out there but if I start in the back I usually dont move up but maybe a few positions so if i got to the front faster I think I would have a better chance of staying there

JeffQuadShop

#14 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Its almost half the size of the stock battery. Its actully the upgrade battery for the motorcycle.

jacobw

#15 Post by jacobw »

I was looking at the diagram in another post now lets see if I got this right if I take the wire of the solenoid and run it to the neg side of the new batt. and then run a lead from the pos side of the new battery to the starter? right or wrong?

JeffQuadShop

#16 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Correct, your just replacing the stock cable that goes from solenoid to the starter and putting a battery in line.

jacobw

#17 Post by jacobw »

I had to make sure I been known for making things smoke, fly apart. break and all sorts of unusual stuff.

scooter-crusher

#18 Post by scooter-crusher »

can anyone tell me the color and location of the wire from the magneto? curious to check output on the source.