Rebuild It Before It Breaks?

scooter-crusher

Rebuild It Before It Breaks?

#1 Post by scooter-crusher »

Hey guys I`m sure youre getting tired of me asking so many questions, but this is my only place to ask, i dont even know anyone in my area with a dale....let alone a dealer that will even let me say "cannondale" on their property lol.
anyway i was thinking of rebuilding my 03 cannibal before it blows up or something rediculious, just put a new crank/rod main bearings, cam, timing chain, etc, no mods just preventive freshness, do you all think this is a good idea? have you all done the same? any guesses n how much this would rum me in dollars-wise if i sent it out to like haydoug, i want it done right by an expert odviously.

:usa

cannibaljim

#2 Post by cannibaljim »

Do you know how many hours are on the motor? My motor has about 25 hr on it and is running good so I am going to buy a second motor to build up. Haydug will be the one doing the work I have heard a lot of good things about him.:usa

JeffQuadShop

#3 Post by JeffQuadShop »

ATK or Haydug

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

if it aint broke don't fix it!

is there any updates done to it? stage 8 or loctite? i'd check that out. also get the motor mount update as well. change your oil(tranny and crankcase) on a regular basis and keep the air filter clean.