Replaced your crank? Sound off.

wanablaze

#41 Post by wanablaze »

It could be valves, springs, valve seats, etc. A lot of experimenting would need to be done here.

If the valvetrain could be made more reliable, I think we'd soon see some bulletproof motors.smile.gif

Sandstorm

#42 Post by Sandstorm »

I run the piss out of my motor w/ no regaurd to how long it's banging the rev limiter. I don't care. I have a brother to compete w/ and YFZ's up Sand Mtn to beat. I want to win and do not spare my motor at all for anything!! I've actually tried to blow my motor up by running it so hard, 10 runs in a row up Sand Mtn at redline... No can do.. Ryanstones and Wisetech got just a little dose of how we ride and we do it even harder every week, week in week out. Wade Wilcox said go put some 10-30 or 10-40 in a squirt gun and pull the trigger. Now go put 5-30 in the gun and pull the trigger. I am gonna put the Z400 bearing in it, but I am gonna take pics of my 100+ hrs WWE motor when apart. Not bashing anybody. This is how I ride and I have no mercy on my motor. We run Moto/Speed maps and Blaze/Speed maps. We always run a TS110 setting..

glamister

#43 Post by glamister »

YA! run the peeeeeeeeee out of um:eek:

wanablaze

#44 Post by wanablaze »

I don't have 50 hours on mine yet, but run the **** out of it with all sorts of different maps. I haven't dropped a valve, but I did bend one. It had nothing to do with the map, I had a hole in my airbox and the dirt got to the intake valve. So I'm gonna keep running the **** out of it with whatever map makes the best power for me!smile.gif

cannondale27

#45 Post by cannondale27 »

I am sorry guys I just have seen too much evidence of valves floating.Worn cams,broke valves with stock maps even.We cant seem to figure out the exact cause and believe me there are at least four of us trying daily.It is a random problem I have also never had any trouble running the snot out of mine but just want to try to be cautious.Personally I think dropped valves and floating valves happen to all the makes and best solution is to replace the valves and springs once in a while to prevent it.

Jaybr

#46 Post by Jaybr »

My new head is due back any day now, and it has some experimental stiffer springs in it. I'll post results once its running and has some time on it.

Actually the whole quad is still at Haydug's so he'll probably break it again before I get a chance to ride it:confused:

cannondale27

#47 Post by cannondale27 »

Over on Cannondaler 4st madman did say that there were some bad cams from factory out there as far as hardness goes.Just so many factors to this.