cannondale tales, how did you fall in love with cannondales?

bombsquad54

cannondale tales, how did you fall in love with cannondales?

#1 Post by bombsquad54 »

lets here the storys, no bad mouthing, smack talk, or im faster than you, i just want to hear what made you go pure cannondale. i will post my story this afternoon. race stories, ride stories, triumph stories. lets here them

CdaleRacer0128

#2 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

Having my cannondale as my first real race quad after my warrior which wasn't much. I loved the cdale. I started racing it, and in 2004 it blew to pieces 2 times.. after each time i'd get it back right before a race, i'd become reaquainted, hop on, pull a holeshot, and do really well the race ( mapleshade , southwick, did well for the 5 laps at jay's in the spring too,lol )

I felt a bond to it, then i got my yamaha and realized i still get holeshots and win the races, and my bike didn't break at all.. soon sponsors got with me from being on the bike and it is taking off quite well.. heard a dale last weekend for the first time, i put the motor in it, theres not hin like working on a dale then hearin it start up with that jumble of bolts inside still loose!!:eek:

theJeStEr1340

#3 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

heh, I tried starting a thread like this once... it turned into Derno loves BOOBIES!

But here goes: I still had my CR250 and was at montrose my favorite MX track (not favorite at the time I could only do 1/2 a lap before my hands hurt too bad to twist the throttle anymore on my bike) so I asked my friend if I could take his dale for a spin, he said sure. So I took it for a spin and the power was amazing... I was hooked and got one for myself.

scooter-crusher

#4 Post by scooter-crusher »

personally i have owned and raced yz250`s for a long time, i have had a new yammer every other year from 1993 to 2001 model, those bikes are bad ***....hands down i would get two seasons out of my race bike every time. i have been constantly hurt my entire life from the racing/riding, i quit racing and went to school, sold my bikes to put money down at college, after that i got another yammer, a few months later i was pushing it way too hard, broke my wrist and hyper-extended my knee very badly, i was down again and remembered how much it sucked, i said to my die-hard riding buddies "I`m f*ckin selling this bike and I`m done with dirt bikes", so i quit and found someone that had this dale and wanted a dirt bike, we traded, i got a dale that i cannot make run after riding one time and he has a cherry yz250 with a complete east-side race engine that will holeshot like nobody`s business, **** did i come out or lose, i forgot at this time???

Drew

#5 Post by Drew »

I was a true diehard 2 stroke 2 wheeler myself . I am getting a little older so I fugured what the heck I will try out quads...so I bought a 2001 Raptor:( After 3 months my transmission went (by the way its still sitting in my garage - fixed- but not ridin in 2 years!) I then went out and bought a 86 250r and fell in love with it. Then Cannondale released there quad and I started reading things about them on exriders and on here and said I have to have one----and the rest is history ( I was a lurker for 2 years)

jacobw

#6 Post by jacobw »

well here goes it was about 6-8 months ago i wanted to start racing xc so I really wanted a v-force then my brother see a place that had cannondales about 1 yeah prior and was wanted to get rid of them so went and looked at them and bought them both that afternoon. I loaded them up and took them out to the nieghbors practice track and was hooked eversince. I wish i had know about cannondales earlier

Mjollnir

#7 Post by Mjollnir »

I saw the perty colors on the Cannibal LE in the store, did some research, and bought it mainly due to the look of it, the technology, and the exclusivity. It was my first quad, though I rode a YZ250 for years in my teens.

Marc

bombsquad54

#8 Post by bombsquad54 »

well my dale was on ebay and after having a server shoulder injury and wasting all my money on building a yfz and a crf250, i sold everything and didnt ever want to race or ride again. i then got the itch to ride again, when the summer came along, so i found a 400ex for 3800 fully built, got outbidded at the last second! so i searched 400ex again, my moto showed up on the screen, and i was like dang! it was a new, early 02, for 6750.00 i called the dealer (abbots) and decided to buy it. when i looked at his shop he had a row of dales (10-15 i think) and my moto was in the back, but i could defenitly tell what it was. after buying it, i rode it at the track about two times, finishing 2nd and 5th, then i practiced and raced again in pro. there were 9 guys and i got dead last on the holeshot, then i just started to ride and have fun. in two laps i was in first place with a strait away lead, keep in mind, i havent any of these guys since i was a begginer, the moto was a blast, smooth as silk. i passed a race ready 450r in a straight away, and it felt like my moto didnt have as much power when i bought it, but it was just so smooth, you couldnt feel the power it really had. that guy on the 450r asked me what i had done to my motor. i said well i have 93 octane and castrol sytec oil. ITS STOCK. everyone was amazed. i put down the fastest lap time ever recorded on that track out of bikes and quads! nate freeze rode the track a few weeks back i beat his fastest lap time by 1.5 seconds. i love my moto. everyone wants to see how mine lasts with all the updates. then they said they will buy one. so i gave them one name to call- haydug cycles:) i hope me and my moto really take some names at nationals next year in pro-am production. i have number 11 off the line, has 1.5 hours on it. i should put it in a glass case and buy another from haydug. I WILL NEVER OWN ANYTHING BUT A PURE, FUEL INJECTED, AMERICAN A$$, KICKING CANNONDALE OR ATK :usa :usa :head:

jacobw

#9 Post by jacobw »

right on :head: :usa that is what I am talking about

cdalepilot

#10 Post by cdalepilot »

i thought the thread was supposed to be'stories about' how you fell in love with your cdale''. its strange to hear about all the complaining stories, but these guys are still in the canndale forums , i assume becouse the ones that don't have one still wish they did . well anyway heres my story . i owned a few different quads including a banshee,polaris and a raptor and was in search of the perfect quad for me when cannondales came out and i read all this new technology that they had on them , i was in awe to say the least smile.gif so i rode one and knew right then this was the quad for me so i sold my raptor and i bought my 03 cannible in july of 02 .it truly is the purist and only exotic quad out there. i will never get rid of my cdale, never.:head: :drink: