Found a nice looking virgin

2000ex

#11 Post by 2000ex »

Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Jump the creek! :head:

I agree, use that quickrete and build a ramp and pilot your way across smile.gif

Canniboomer

#12 Post by Canniboomer »

This is some exciting virgin talk!! thanks guys!biggrin.gif biggrin.gif and a tractor down by the creek! -- it gets better and better go for it!!

J. Delaney

#13 Post by J. Delaney »

Originally posted by dalewannbe
Its about 80 feet across that baby,  they have a mobil home frame, and it isn't long enough!

If it's 80ft across that ain't no creek! :wow

It's the **** Mississippi!

theJeStEr1340

#14 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I Wouldn't want to come up short... it looks cold. I bet it was fun popping it's cherry.

scooter-crusher

#15 Post by scooter-crusher »

where at in illinois are you, I`m in Alton, just curious, always looking for someone to ride with!!??

dalewannbe

#16 Post by dalewannbe »

Scooter, I'm in Morrison, IL 61270. I believe your down near St. Louis.

27, No more tractors allowed in these woods. My father in law cleared out a little path with his tractor. That is what makes this area so cool. A chain saw is ok, and some fence cutters, but this area will strictly be xc.

wanablaze

#17 Post by wanablaze »

Don't make me go get the blaster and show ya how! Personally, we have a creak on our property, so I built a bridge. The bridge fell apart, so now I jump it. It's trickier with the bridge in the way.:mad:

comander420

#18 Post by comander420 »

Come spring I'll be up with the chain saw and help you make a bridge or some fun way to get across, if your going to be running gussie's hare scrambles again next year (I'm sure you are) all those downed trees will be good practice, you know how bill likes to put the trees in the trail. Looks fun out there, kind of looks like a messy version of where I usually ride around here.

You'll have to get josh up there and show us how to jump across that creek, I still haven't got all the jumping thing fogured out yet.

dalewannbe

#19 Post by dalewannbe »

Wanablaze, I got $100 if you can jump this creek! Commander I need to get the dale out here to practice jumping logs. The 400ex jumps logs like nothing, I was riding the 400ex because I didn't want to get the dale are scratched up!

wanablaze

#20 Post by wanablaze »

Nah, wouldn't go 80ft on a blaster. I'd find a way to get across it though. I had a really cool bridge that we built, but now we have so much traffic through our back yard. Somebody tried to take a tractor across it and it collapsed and has been falling apart since.

Hey Gus, on your offer: Can I bring a bulldozer? biggrin.gif

Brad, jumping just takes time. I've never been hurt while riding. I've cased some doubles, rolled down some hills, but nothing too bad. Just take your time and make sure you're comfortable. I just keep making the jumps a little bigger until I can handle them. Never back out!!! I don't do anything big and am not a stunt guy. If you fall off, don't get tense, keep lose. I've never broken any bones and hope to keep it that way. Knock on wood.