Can I get sued???

Redman

Can I get sued???

#1 Post by Redman »

If I make a cannibal radiator gaurd with the logo of cannondale "C" on it could they sue me? What if I sell them?

Reason i am asking is I work on a laser in a fab shop. It is already designed, I just need to cut it out of some aluminum.

drbowtie

#2 Post by drbowtie »

How many chevy trucks you see out there with a bowtie sticker that was made out of tape or wood racks with the chevrolet name scribbled in them?

I think it's a long shot on the sue thing. Also, is it an exact replica of the "C" logo? Do you plan on selling them to guys on your local circuit or are you going to post them on QVC? It's all about how much potential exposure you will make yourself open to. Go QVC and I'ld run! Sell to neighbors, ah shot I'ld write the whole dang name on there!

Redman

#3 Post by Redman »

What I am doing is making either slots or small circles all over in a pattern. In the middle I have a cut out of a C exactly like the logo. I would cut the whole name out but too much of the radiator would be exposed. Then I powder coat it any color or just leave it plain.

I did kinda plan on selling these on sites like this. This is something cannondale riders overlook since there quads don't come with them on.

It has four mounting tabs that are bent to fit on the radiator shroud mounting tabs. Use a little longer screw and vualla.

All the other ones are too expensive around $100 I think. I would sell them for only $50. I will try to post a picture of one.

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

I wouldn't sweat it. I doubt whomever buys the company will keep the name of Cannondale. Especially if they are spending $70 mil. Cannondale currently can't sue you cause they have no money to get a lawyer.

drbowtie

#5 Post by drbowtie »

Hey,

I'ld buy one... But then again I did just spend $7100 on something I've never ridden. From a company that doesn't exist. With a warranty that is worthless. And shouldn't be used until I fix a problem that no one really knows what to do about...

Hey, I sound pretty stupid sometimes...

Redman

#6 Post by Redman »

No money=no lawyer Good point.

I will post a picture of one as soon as I can.

Jnine

lawsuit

#7 Post by Jnine »

Make no mistake... Cannondale certainly has a raft of lawyers working right now, so do the banks, and so do the creditors & vendors. In fact, I have a few letters to prove it! After speaking with potential buyers, I tend to think the name will survive in the near futurre, and may fade away over time as they make a subtle change to something new.

Ryanstones

ROFL @ Bowtie....

#8 Post by Ryanstones »

You're a visionary man, what can you do?

drbowtie

#9 Post by drbowtie »

Yes, Yes... I see into the future... And what I see is... is... A bird bath... Yes, the nicest yellow bird bath ever! With, with... a handle bar for all the pretty birds to perch on, and... and... High floatation tires to make moving it a sinch when mowing the lawn around it!

He, he, he... Can't wait to tear up the neighbors lawn with that thing!

NRath

#10 Post by NRath »

I think Ben's on the right track. Also, sounds like some easy money for C'dale, when they need it the worst! Of course, if your like me, they'd only get the 90 cents in my pocket!! LOL!

I wonder if RIS got trademark approval for their billet covers???