Dinli the joke we all thought it was?????

jcv440

Dinli the joke we all thought it was?????

#1 Post by jcv440 »

Okay, dealer show coming up in Feb. Dinli is totally off the cannondaler boards, some euro company chimed in, stating they have a quad coming out with the cannondale tech, only for sale in Euro, MFG by the "D" company.....

Dinli has a 250cc quad, looks like a beefed up mini, with 1.4875 inches of shock travel, a old folgers can painted black brazed to a piece of swingset pipe for exhaust, and plastic that resembles a power ranger vechicle. talk of a 500cc carbed quad being released at Indy, not anywhere near a Cannondale.

Soooo, what did they actually aquire from this buy of the "Cannondale Technology" ? Frame design, FI layouts, engine design???? To sell to other off brand companies to sell quads in Europe????

All in all, I'm seeing a bunch of horse doodoo from Dinli promising us a high performance quad, that would blow the 450r, YFZ, the OG Cannon out of the water. They sold out to other off brands, cut their losses, and continued on their ventures with cheap quads with futuristic plastic.

Am I right?

Mjollnir

#2 Post by Mjollnir »

Preach it brotha!

BTW, OG Cannondale, that's great. Mind if I use that concept to make some graphics?

Marc

TheJaspMan

#3 Post by TheJaspMan »

Who knows what kind of data and research they actually got. It could have been stuff so unrelated to actually producing a quad and more about marketing.

I doubt they are going to do anything close to Cdale. When is the last time you saw an aluminum framed quad come from overseas?

ATK got the most important items. The raw parts. You can do more with those than paperwork.

candyassmiler

#4 Post by candyassmiler »

you can make new paperwork.

MX Quad Dad

#5 Post by MX Quad Dad »

They thought if an American company could make a quad that good for the price they were selling them for. Than it would be easy for them to make them and be able to sell them for less. Not so easy eh.

I madde a statment like that (no Cannondale technolagy in their quads) a while back and Thought I started a argument:(

Besides I think they may use the Cannibal handlebars:rotf

cheetah5431

#6 Post by cheetah5431 »

Originally posted by MX Quad Dad
They thought if an American company could make a quad that good for the price they were selling them for. Than it would be easy for them to make them and be able to sell them for less. Not so easy eh.

I madde a statment like that (no Cannondale technolagy in their quads) a while back and Thought I started a argument:(

Besides I think they may use the Cannibal handlebars:rotf

Very true! You paid for what you got and these machines had the highest of quality components ever used on a quad.

Sandstorm

#7 Post by Sandstorm »

I'd buy a Yamaha before a POS Dinli...

TheJaspMan

#8 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Sandstorm
I'd buy a Yamaha before a POS Dinli...

You're right! A Yami, Honda or Suzi. I I was going to buy a foregin bike it would already have a proven name and plenty of local dealers.

MX Quad Dad

#9 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Originally posted by cheetah5431
Very true!  You paid for what you got and these machines had the highest of quality components ever used on a quad.

You know every time somebody says how much they cost, I think back, because I bought the Moto before the bankrupcy and yeh it was a lot of money, but mathmaticly it was cheaper than building another Banshee. I know everybody here knows that, but I think if I would not have chosen the route I did I seriuosly doubt I would own one now let alone two. Once you ride these machines nothing seem to saticfy you. but you do have to get on them and ride with an open mind or at least slightly open

4punksdad

#10 Post by 4punksdad »

I personally am NOT going to be riding a quad named "dinli"................they might as well paint them pink. Dinli just sounds funny to me..