+1 Long Travel A-Arms

Derno24

#1 Post by Derno24 »

I know there have been several people trying to get a-arms made for our dales. I decided to speak to a machine shop locally. JRD mechanical. A couple of my friends are using their arms and really like them. After speaking to him he said he would use the geometry off of my Houser +1 to duplicate a set of arms we could use. I am just guaging interest first as I think he said it would only take 3 sets to make this happen, but I know it won't be cheap as I think he was talking $700-800 for the arms. If there is interest I will get pics and more info on construction of these arms before anyone has to decide.

jacobw

#2 Post by jacobw »

yeah that would be sweet rated x I know was talking about it so I think this would allow more options I would be in for a set for a 6/12 hour bike biggrin.gif

383astro

#3 Post by 383astro »

I don't know how long you guys want to wait, but in about October I will be making Aarms, Swingarms, Bumpers, Bars, 250r Kits, Nerfs, and a lot more. Right now I am in the middle of a House remodel and just starting Little League. It will be around Sept-Oct. I have built a set of Aarms. They are on my buddys polaris predator and he likes them. I used my Walsh+3+1 and used their design and used the Predator geometry. They came out great. I powdercoated them Black.After the first of the year ('08) I will be in full production of many parts. As soon as the house remodel is done and I get moved into my new shop I will have my CNC plasma and CNC mill setup and ready to go. I also have a Millermatic 251 mig, and a Synchrowave 200 Tig. The arms I built were made of Chromemoly and tig welded (of course). I will be considerably cheaper than anyone can get items anywhere else. Also before I had to store the CNC mill I used it to make a mold for a cdale front fender (my plastic was race cut and I wanted to be able to bolt fenders on to go play in the mud). It came out alright and I played around with a home built injection molder. The whole setup need work but will be complete and working properly after the first of the year. So I MIGHT be able to make some new plastic for dales. Its gonna take a lotta work, but we will see. Just thought I would let you guys know so you dont worry about finding parts now, they will be available in about 8 months or so ( I know thats a long time, but baseball season runs until August). Just lettin ya know.

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

This is something that could be done in a month. All I need is the go ahead and money and he will start making them.

jacobw

#5 Post by jacobw »

derno call me! biggrin.gif

Guy310

#6 Post by Guy310 »

I am interested but I need them to fit my Custom Axis LT shocks. I will have to get a measurement to know for sure what the length is.

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

I am using long travel Elka Elites right now with the a-arms they would be using for geometry.

jacobw

#8 Post by jacobw »

derno seem jrd may have made arms for cannondale before or they used 400ex arms

http://forums.cannondaler.com/viewtopic.ph...816069c1ff2f4bf

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

The owners son ran an fx400 for a year or two. They know enough about them. Like I said though I would be having them use Housers geometry for the arms. I will get pic of everything they would be using this sunday and post it here.

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

I'm in.