HARDCORE CUSTOMS possible Atk dealer!

HARDCORE

HARDCORE CUSTOMS possible Atk dealer!

#1 Post by HARDCORE »

This is my first post and i am sure it won't be my last. for those of you who don't know me, i am Joe Sylvester, the owner of Hardcore Customs in Boardman, Ohio (I was at the NEMX ride last weekend). Until now i have just built and customized atvs, dirt bikes, and minis. But now i am looking into being an Atk atv and parts dealer. I am very excited about this possibility and i wanted to share it with all of you and see what everyone thinks. Let me know what you think, good idea or bad idea?

c41xracer

#2 Post by c41xracer »

Full Throttle Racing in akron is becoming one also.....2 in ohio would be great

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

It is always something to look into, and I think it is great that you are looking into ATK. However business being business only you would know for sure if this is going to work.

But I still think it is a good idea!

theJeStEr1340

#4 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I am not in ohio, but the more the better right?

scooter-crusher

#5 Post by scooter-crusher »

Personally i would think it would be hard to sell enough TAK`s to make it worth while, the price is high and most people dont know the difference and would have a hard time understanding why a jap is so much cheaper, of course there will be your true riders who buy, but how many bikes will that make?not many, maybe i`m wrong? but i just think it would be difficult to move those things, i`m not bashing, i like the atk line and would rather have one myself, but i am speaking about the general public, low level creek riders, which is a large market of bike sales per year!
and the maintanence would be way too much for most people to comprehend!!!

jacobw

#6 Post by jacobw »

atk has an ecomony atk for 8k it will be just as good or better than a stock yfz or honda and a big plus you dont have to gusset the frame with jeff stoess aboard and atk it wont be long and the general public will know what atk's are all about and want one:)
You get the word out on your product and you can sell it dont worry

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

The big bonus here that I see is that he sells custom atv's already so people are paying higher dollar ammounts for his work. Why not have one or two on the floor to sell.

jacobw

#8 Post by jacobw »

even if he didnt have a custom atv business people would at least see what atks are all about then when the word gets out the brand is going to take off no doubt about it atv dealerships are a good investment

haydug

#9 Post by haydug »

It's not a bad idea, however, Haydug Cycles is already an ATK dealer, as is the Quadshop in KY. We are site sponsors, and pay the bills on this site, so a new dealer should check on some sort of sponsorship before posting on a site (IMO). The cannondale community is pretty tight ( and small) and for someone to try and start without knowing the ins and outs of these bikes, I would think LONG and HARD about it.

jacobw

#10 Post by jacobw »

doug I dont think he was trying to steal any business or sell anything I took it as he was asking the community for advice like do you think he should start a dealership or not? The same kinda advice I would ask from you or jeff the site sponsors. just my .02 worth