DVD Burner

cdalemx301

DVD Burner

#1 Post by cdalemx301 »

Hey guys well i got a DVD burner for Xmas got it hooked up and stff but it wont burn a copy of a movie.....they are copyrighted so it wont let me.... I was told that with a ripper program i wont have a problem but where can i get a ripper program ne suggestions etc? Its a dual format diual layer all the good stuff.

Cdale_racer_669

#2 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i was told clone dvd, but i have the program and i still cant burn them...:confused:

jlm996s

#3 Post by jlm996s »

I rip mine with dvdshrink and then burn them with nero. Never had a problem.

HouserCannondale

#4 Post by HouserCannondale »

if you can get ahold of an older version of dvd x copy that will work too...

CANNIBALKID

#5 Post by CANNIBALKID »

housercannondale is on the right trail here. the best program is dvd x copy period!!! it was a legal program about 2 years ago, before they passed a law to shut them down. the only place you can still get it is on ebay. but you want to make sure that your bidding on a brand new one. their are many people that are selling burnt copys, which i dont trust. actually if anyone needs one i could give you someones number that had connections to them. anyone have any ?'s just shoot me a pm.

jlm996s

#6 Post by jlm996s »

I got x copy too, but I don't care for it as much as dvdshrink. With x copy....I've always had to put the movies on two different disks....don't have to do that with dvdshrink. Plus dvdshrink is free at dvdshrink.org.

theJeStEr1340

#7 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I can get anyone that wants DVD XCopy a copy, in fact, I will get it put on an a server right now so I can get my copy, just pm me and I an PM you the adress.

will DVD shrink play in a DVD player?

CANNIBALKID

#8 Post by CANNIBALKID »

jlm what do yo mean you have always had to put the movies on 2 disc???? i have never had to do that even if the movie is really long. example: lord of the rings fits on 1 disc, and i know its over 2 and a half hours long.

jlm996s

#9 Post by jlm996s »

It always breaks it up for me....maybe I have a setting set wrong. :confused: I didn't have to pay for it...so I haven't messed with it as much.

theJeStEr1340

#10 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I just DLed DVD shrink, and another program to edit what I put on a DVD so I will be experimenting tonight. I am going to rip the DVD, then take the previews, the un needed languages and some of the bonus features off so it doesn't have to be compressed as much and see what happens. If anyone would be intrested I would be willing to maybe write a step by step guide for the not so computer inclined out there to do this.