Age?

dawzie

#41 Post by dawzie »

Ok - here we go---52

Rode my Fathers 125 suzuki in '83. Then I bought a 185 in '85 and my Dad bought my 5 year old son a 50 quad. He also bought himself a honda 4x4. The three of us rode for 5 years. I ended up with a second 185. Then what ever year they came out with the 230's I got two of those. A few years later those where wore out due to zero maintaince and got two honda 300EX's

After the wife left me, my son now wanted to race. So in '99 we bought a 400EX. In the winter of '01-'02 we got our first Dale. One of Mike Walsh's. We also built a YZF426 quad. Got a second Dale by trading the EX to some guy. Couldn't keep the YZF going so bought a YFZ 450

Soooo - I'm picking up the Dale maybe Saturday from Timbo (450 stroker now) the other Dale is set up for trail riding. Sending the YFZ out Monday to get it rebuilt by Haydug

a pic of me

jfarrar

#42 Post by jfarrar »

29 tomorrow!!!!!yeah baby!!!!parrrrrrty!!!!send all donations to my paypal at........j/k

i been riding this monster for 3 yrs this february.:head: :head: :head:

comander420

#43 Post by comander420 »

I'm 18 oh I mean 28. I still feel 18. Got my first ride an 85 250sx at 12 or 13. Man that thing was sweet electric start reverse had a cobra pipe on it that would shoot flames out. At 16 bought a 84 kx 80 for $25 in a box, a new top end and clutch later I crashed it and fractured my tailbone I think, I couldn't walk for 3 days, sold it bought a 91 yz125 which was the biggest piece of crap I ever rode, sold it, and the 250sx at 18 or 19. Bought a 97 warrior when I was 24 beat it for 2 years, then the september before last got my 02-03 speed brand new, did the stage 8, breather line, and motor mount update and have never had a problem with it. Bought a 03 project blaze in august with a problem, got it home changed the battery fired it up and tried riding it down the block and the main rod bearing burned up so now it is really a project, hopefully have the crank back SOON (right Timbo, just kidding) and will have one heck of a trail machine for the hare scrambles this year. Will probably take the speed apart when timbo gets slowed down if he ever does and get the z400 bearng done on it, other than that I think I'll leave 100% stock, I like it just the way it is. Now the blaze is going to be a $ pit probably.

MX Quad Dad

#44 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Well there are a few of the more seasoned members here. 48 here. I quit racing MX before most of these guys were born. first bike was a 90 and I had to put a hop-up kit on it because most manufactures or even none made factory MXers. second bike was a 125 and it needed a hop-up Kit also. By the time I jumped to the 250 class there were a few 125 MXers available. I still have my RM 370 I bought as soon as they hit the dealership. It was a blast to ride but I wasn't very competitive on it. My son started on the quad kick and it took him a few years to get me hooked. even after I bought my first one I was allways thinking of going back to the bikes. His Banshee got me thinking espeicaly after we modded it. After I rode his Dale, was the end to me thinking of getting a new bike, and as soon as he quit racing I bought a Speed

Cdale_racer_669

#45 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

im 15, 16 on March 5th. and ive worked to buy everything myself!:head: :hammer:

jesshamner

#46 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by jfarrar
29 tomorrow!!!!!yeah baby!!!!parrrrrrty!!!!send all donations to my paypal at........j/k
.:head: :head: :head:

I'm sending you a giant cake with Wink's mechanic in it biggrin.gif

CannondaleRider

#47 Post by CannondaleRider »

Turned 15 in July.

I rode my first bike at about 6, it was my families Honda 200X 3 wheeler, I didn't ride it well, but I tryed. After we sold that we got a Polaris Trail Blazer 250(the biggest POS ever) and I rode that, but it wasn't as much fun cause you couldn't shift, lol. We didn't have it for very long cause it started giving us problems really quick. The next thing we bought was a 1999 Honda Recon, and i rode the **** out of that thing, and it lasted a long time. It's still in good shape, but I think the timing jumped, so it wont start. About 2001 we bought a Yamaha Wolverine, this was bought for me, why I chose THIS bike I have no idea, maybe because I wanted a slight sport bike, but wanted a hunting rig to(I was into hunting then), I've thought at times that I wished I got a 400EX or something, then I think that if I got a sport bike, then I wouldn't have got a Cannondale

In 2002 or so my brother in law Krash bought the FX400, and it started having problems real quick, I told myself then that its fast, but I wouldn't want one. At that time I wanted a 1986 250R REALLY bad, and was getting closer to getting one, then never was able to.

Then, about a year or so ago krash owed my dad some money, and we made a deal to get the FX400 from him(which was blown and slightly in pieces) for payment for the money. And I've been hooked on Cannondales ever since. And as you can see in my sig, krash got into them again too.

toothandnail

#48 Post by toothandnail »

40 and still:hammer: started riding at 6 got a loan from my brother to buy my own at 8. Now I pay $$ for them all :deal:

dunnbandit1

#49 Post by dunnbandit1 »

i am 23 i owned a cannible since jan 2002
and an x440s since jan 2003

Drew

#50 Post by Drew »

36 here and had about every type of two and 4 wheeler.