Which parts r hard to find?

cannon

Which parts r hard to find?

#1 Post by cannon »

I may trade for a cannondale and was wondering what parts am I most likely to break on a cannondale cannibal? Also which parts will i have trouble finding out of all the parts on the quad? It has all the updates. Thanks

jacobw

#2 Post by jacobw »

parts are not hard to find haydug can get parts for you jeff@quadshop is an atk dealer and can get you the parts you need and there are private inidividuals that might have what you need to. Been my experience cannondale overbuilt most of its stuff and most of the time parts dont break

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

No parts are hard to find. Just understand it may take a week for you to get them. Now, I will bet that it does not have all the updates. But, once you get it go ahead and tear it down and do them. That way you have the peace of mind knowing it is in as good of shape as possible.

As for which parts are more likely to break, who knows. The failures are kinda sporatic but the most common ones are:...

Crank bearing--improve with z400 bearing
Decompression mech--inspect anually and have tightened
Bolts backing out--stage 8 kit
Breaking swingarm bolt (if you have a hollow one), put in solid bolt or insert

I think that is most of the biggies.

fx400

cylinder head seal

#4 Post by fx400 »

Here is a hard to find part. I need a cylinder head seal for my fx400. The part # is 879-50001231. I have tried to get this part 2 times so far and both times I received part # 5002161, witch is the same shape but only half as thick as the one that I need. I had to reuse the same one last time I had it apart, If anyone has #879-50001231 I would trade 2 of the #5002161's for it.

bombsquad54

#5 Post by bombsquad54 »

call haydug fx400. . . or have you called atk? parts are easier to find than any other quad, have you ever ordered a part from honda? takes me about 2-3 weeks to get em! i can have parts from atk in 1-5 days smile.gif "once you ride american you will never go back!" sell or trade the z!

fx400

#6 Post by fx400 »

ok I will try haydug, atk sent me the last one that was too small. Whats haydug's #?

cannon

#7 Post by cannon »

The one I am looking at is an early '02 model and Haydug has went threw the motor. Please list any problems that I might run into. Thanks

Canniboomer

#8 Post by Canniboomer »

FX400, I can do the trade for the vintage seal you need... sent PM........ done any drag racing lately?

fx400

#9 Post by fx400 »

Great! Haven't raced for a while, just getting it ready for spring. Thanks Boomer!

banzairx7

#10 Post by banzairx7 »

Originally posted by Happyboy
No parts are hard to find.  Just understand it may take a week for you to get them.  Now, I will bet that it does not have all the updates.  But, once you get it go ahead and tear it down and do them.  That way you have the peace of mind knowing it is in as good of shape as possible.

As for which parts are more likely to break, who knows.  The failures are kinda sporatic but the most common ones are:...

Crank bearing--improve with z400 bearing
Decompression mech--inspect anually and have tightened
Bolts backing out--stage 8 kit
Breaking swingarm bolt (if you have a hollow one), put in solid bolt or insert

I think that is most of the biggies.

stock plastic coolant impellers like to strip out too. You can get aluminum ones now though for ~$60.

I've never had any trouble getting the parts I needed. I've broken a lot of stuff too. A lot more than most people for some reason. Aftermarket parts sometimes take a while to get. Since they are usually built to order for the cdale.