dale won't turn over??

lilchampro1

dale won't turn over??

#1 Post by lilchampro1 »

i went to start my dale the other day and the battery was dead so i charged it and had the charger on it and it turned over then it quit and not even with charger on it just clicks i am gettin power to the starter i tested that what could this be i starter isnt locked up i check anyone knows please help?????

MrSlithers

#2 Post by MrSlithers »

Check to see if your starter solenoid is bad. Get a wrench and touch the 2 nuts with it at the same time and see if it'll turn over.

J. Delaney

#3 Post by J. Delaney »

Pull the spark plug and see if the engine is hydrolocked with engine oil.

lilchampro1

#4 Post by lilchampro1 »

can it be hydrolocked, i just put oil in it before i started it, it has been drained, ??????? also i took starter off and gear isnt spinning so, ya i tried that with a screw driver nothing?????/

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

Take the stator side cover off and using a 17mm turn the motor over by hand. If it won't turn you either are hydrolocked or something is broke. If it was running great the last time you stopped it then you are probobly hydrolocked.

Here is my way of getting rid of the hydrolock:
To get rid of the hydrolock, take out the sparkplug and sit the quad on its butt. Put a rag over the plug hole so you don't get gas and oil everywhere. Crank it over a few times and you will see oil on the floor. Sit it back down. Now, you have to dry out the cylinder a little bit bacause of the gas you just dumped in there. I use a long lighter, stick it down there and light it. Blow compressed air down it, and relight. I repeat like 6 times. Then put the plug back in, fuel tank on and fire it up. If it doesn't fire you will have to take the plug out and relight the cylinder, it floods very easy with the oil in there.

Once you get it going again, it will smoke for hours!!! There will be oil in your exhaust so it will smoke bad.

lilchampro1

#6 Post by lilchampro1 »

cant be that i have the starter off and it dont spin the starter itself
????

cdrookie

#7 Post by cdrookie »

starter sounds like its bad

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

If you jumped the solenoid and there wasnt even a spark either you have a bad battery or a bad connection.Probably ground at the fuel regulator.That would also cause the battery not to be charged with the charger if you hooked the chargers negative to the frame.