looking into dales...

five08

looking into dales...

#1 Post by five08 »

im looking into getting a C'dale and putting an ATK reilablity kit in it because that would be cheaper i think...

how much is the reliability kit?

whats the normal price of a stock cannible??

im coming off of a 300ex should i like it??

thanks

also i will be racing it:D

Mjollnir

Re: looking into dales...

#2 Post by Mjollnir »

Originally posted by five08

thanks

Price varies a lot, safe to say that they are pretty much all underpriced. Expect to pay 3k for a good shape Cannibal that needs updates, to 4k for a reasonably updated one, to maybe 4500 for one with all updates and aftermarket crank. You may find some for less, some for more.

You can do the updates yourself for far cheaper than ATK does them. There are resources out there that can do the work for much, much less with the same or more quality, try Haydug (site sponsor) for instance.

Coming off a 300ex, um, yeah, you should like it. Kinda like going from a Vespa to a Hayabusa. Kinda.

Marc

cheetah5431

Re: looking into dales...

#3 Post by cheetah5431 »

Originally posted by five08
im looking into getting a C'dale and putting an ATK reilablity kit in it because that would be cheaper i think...

thanks

I think the ATK kit is around 2 grand, you can find stock cannibals around 2500-3500, and you'll think you came off of a golf cart.smile.gif

Cdale_racer_669

#4 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i came off a 300ex and love the cannondale!!

five08

#5 Post by five08 »

yeah the 300's slow but i can handle YFZ's fine so i think i can get used to a dale to....

so does the ATK kit solve all the c'dale engine problems or just the crank? or is that the only thing that was bad on the c'dales....

haha sorry for all the questions ive hung around EXriders forever but i dont know much about dales at all...

thanks alot:cool:

five08

#6 Post by five08 »

also is it just like oil changes once and a while or what else is there to keep track of?

thanks

CptHook

#7 Post by CptHook »

I think you will find find that you will have to do oil changes more often than on your ex. Which unfortunatley if you do a full by-the-book drain-change-and fill can be a little time consuming. But that is a pretty small thing to consider when looking at the machine you are getting, I wouldnt expect any less out of such a racebreed machine. You wont regret it :head:

five08

#8 Post by five08 »

ok sweet....

im hoping to pick a canniable up for 2500-3000 then put the ATK kit in it and ill have a cheap fast quad:)

cdrookie

#9 Post by cdrookie »

have haydug do it instead of ATK, you'd get more for your $$$$. and where are you located? someone on here might live right around the corner and help you out with any questions.

five08

#10 Post by five08 »

well according to your signaturei should be banned:(

haha

im from north attleboro mass