what are these faults?

440speedrider

what are these faults?

#1 Post by 440speedrider »

when i hook up my d&m and turn it over just once it says MIL Lamp open fault, but if i crank it over for a min it says MIL Lamp open fault, and injector a and injector b open fault. what does this mean?

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

the MIL fault is ok. That is for the map select kit. The injector faults I think would be a problem. So, they don't show a fault as soon as you plug it in? Only after you crank on it for a little bit? Strange..

440speedrider

#3 Post by 440speedrider »

yeah only after i crank it for a min, its not gettin any fuel, i checked my plug and it looks brand new

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Ive seen the injector open fault several times on perfectly fine running quads. I seriously doubt injectors will ever fail. Im not sure if it was a glitch in the program or not. One thing that might be a possible cause for a no start condiition is a bad flywheel crank bearing. The flywheel will flop around giving faulty crank sensor signals which lead to intermittant spark and fuel spray. It can be easily checked by removing the flywheel cover and gently prying up and down on the flywheel. It shouldnt move much at all. A dead givaway is oil and metal shavings all over the housing. This was a common problem with the early cast case motors . The starter also grinds a little louder while cranking. Just something easy to check.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

Mine shows that and it runs fine.