03' Cannibal still on showroom floor?

flynbryan19

03' Cannibal still on showroom floor?

#1 Post by flynbryan19 »

Hello all. There is an 03' Cannibal sitting at my local shop here that has been there since late 02' and still has not been sold. Could anyone tell me what a good offer would be to present to them. I know they'll want to get rid of it after its been there so long......

Also if you know anyone interested in a Cannondale dirtbike let me know and I can find out the prices on them for you as well. They have an 03' mx version and an xc version.

scooter-crusher

#2 Post by scooter-crusher »

those dirt bikes are junk....offer about 3k for the quad?

claas900

#3 Post by claas900 »

..if the dirt bikes are junk so are the quads,same motor..the bikes are just a little heavy compared to the other brands...
..3 k isn't bad,some will say kinda high..but it is a new bike.

fig

#4 Post by fig »

flynbryan19,

Do you have contact info for the dealership? Do you know what model the xc is? I have a friend that is interested in a dale bike.

scooter-crusher- have you ridden one of the bikes? They use the same junk Ohlins suspension and junk motors that the quads do. They may be a little heavy but what electric start four stroke isn't? My other bike is a xr600, you want heavy sad.gif

Thanks

flynbryan19

#5 Post by flynbryan19 »

Originally posted by fig
flynbryan19,

Do you have contact info  for the dealership? Do you know what model the xc is?  I have a friend that is interested in a dale bike.

scooter-crusher- have you ridden one of the bikes? They use the same junk Ohlins suspension and junk motors that the quads do. They may be a little heavy but what electric start four stroke isn't? My other bike is a xr600, you want heavy sad.gif

Thanks

The name of the shop is Extreme Motorcycles

And their phone number is 704-637-1680

How about the cannibal? Any other suggestions on what I should be offering the people if I decide to get it? Is it gonna have to have the crank rebalanced and the Z400 bearings installed?

scooter-crusher

To Clarify.

#6 Post by scooter-crusher »

The dirt bikes are junk compared to the competition, they dont hold a roll of toilet paper compared to the CRF, YZF 450 MX bikes, there is no comparison, at all, nothing to argue about, .

Quad wise, they are a better bike, competition is heating up, if i was to buy a new quad, it **** sure would be a Honda, not a dale left over. Maybe a ATK, maybe. But used bikes, i would buy a dale, for sure, in the quad dept that is.

flynbryan19

Re: To Clarify.

#7 Post by flynbryan19 »

Originally posted by scooter-crusher
The dirt bikes are junk compared to the competition, they dont  hold a roll of toilet paper compared to the CRF, YZF 450 MX bikes, there is no comparison, at all, nothing to argue about, .

Quad wise, they are a better bike, competition is heating up, if i was to buy a new quad, it **** sure would be a Honda, not a dale left over. Maybe a ATK, maybe. But used bikes, i would buy a dale, for sure, in the quad dept that is.

Thanks for all the useful information that you have provided me thus far scooter......

Anybody having anything informative that they can provide that pertains to my question.....

scooter-crusher

#8 Post by scooter-crusher »

i said 3 thousand would be a good buy, did you read my first post>? or are you being serious?

i think the best bet would be buy a used dale from someone that has done the updates, maybe a few add-ons, get a little more for your money, thats my reccomendation anyway.

flynbryan19

#9 Post by flynbryan19 »

Originally posted by scooter-crusher
i said 3 thousand would be a good buy, did you read my first post>? or are you being serious?

i think the best bet would be buy a used dale from someone that has done the updates, maybe a few add-ons, get a little more for your money, thats my reccomendation anyway.

It was two-fold. wink.gif I did appreciate the recomendation on the quad, but I really couldn't care less about the quality of the bike as I'm not interested in buying one. Just ribbing.... Internet doesn't do a very good job of recognizing sarcasm.......

fig

#10 Post by fig »

Thanks for the info.

There are three schools of thought on what to do about a stock motor.

I think $3k would be a good price, you can always start lower and work your way up. There are a couple of nice quads under $5k for sale on this site that have been updated. So if you purchased the quad for $3,000 and spent $1,100 having ATK update the motor you will still only be out $4,100. If you spent much more than $3k you might as will buy one of the updated almost new quads for sale here.

These are you basic options:

1) run her till she blows- No Cost
2) locktite the factory studs/stage 8 kit- $5.00 for locktite/$100 for stage 8 kit.
3) yank the motor and balance the crank. $100 plus gaskets. Once you get the motor apart you may want to port, reangle the injectors, bigger piston, stroker crank..........

The most conservative answer is #2, but once you take it apart to do this you might as well balance the crank.

My vote is # 3 if you have the time and skills. ATK will update the motor for $1,100, I'm sure Doug can do something similar. There are other places out there that do good work on the cdales.

Good Luck