03' Cannibal still on showroom floor?

flynbryan19

#11 Post by flynbryan19 »

Thanks Fig. Aren't the 02's ok as far as the crank issue is concerned? I know all of them need to have the stage 8 update done. I guess maybe I'll just wait till I see an 02' at a real good deal......

scooter-crusher

#12 Post by scooter-crusher »

i had a 03, it ran flawless, i think you just hear the horror stories, and not the stories about how many dales are still factory and running great, so it is like a coin toss, you might get heads or you might get shafted in the tails, buy one that is updated, crank, stage 8, motor mounts etc, you wont regret it, guaranteed. change the oil alot, air filter, etc, treat it right it will treat you right, the dales are like babies, abuse em and they will go the wrong direction, down into the dirt.

flynbryan19

#13 Post by flynbryan19 »

scooter, the 03' you had? Did you already have all the updates done? I know that the stage 8 is a manditory update, but I had always assumed the rebalanced crank was as well? From all I've read if you don't rebalance it, its just a matter of time......

fig

#14 Post by fig »

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...=&threadid=9801

This looks like a good deal. Fresh and ready to go.

Honeycutt

#15 Post by Honeycutt »

Flynbryn19, if it is the same quad I looked at they were wanting 5200 for it. I think the first motor blew up so the guy sold it back to Extreme. It has a new motor ,and I think it has ohlins. There used to be a guy that works there that raced them. I am not sure if he is still there. You can pm me if you want more info.wink.gif

iceracer17

#16 Post by iceracer17 »

No motor is "safe".02's -crank bearings,valve covers (some),03's- cartridge bolts,bearings,crank balance,front mounts,valve covers and seems like some cams.There is probably more but i can't think of them right now.

jcv440

#17 Post by jcv440 »

Yeah, there isn't a way to tell unless you find out the engine number and have Maz look it up. Some 03's had 02 motors. It was quite harry what they where throwing together there some days.

azcannon

I have a 03

#18 Post by azcannon »

I have a 03x440 and just tore mine and a buddies 03x down for inspection , mine was perfect and I am doing the updates, My buddies had the seized rod bearing both are original owners and both were bought last year , I dont think you can figure out which ones will have problems without a teardown but many people have no problems at all ( including myself ), I hope you get the quad for a good price sorry i cant advise you on what to pay. I am a strong believer these will be collected and restored in the next ten years by a lot of people from our generation to have a little piece of their best riding years.
I know I have regretted getting rid of many less unique motorcycles ( 1973 z1-900 , 1981 gs1100 ), these are not junk- they more than compare to the competitions product in the same model year and some beyond.
Sorry you feel that way scooter, you are wrong,I ride with a lot of different bikes in a few different states and I am always happy to let someone compare the ride of their's to mine but to say these are junk and dont ...... toilet paper ..... well thats your opinion and thats all it is.

flynbryan19

#19 Post by flynbryan19 »

Originally posted by Honeycutt
Flynbryn19, if it is the same quad I looked at they were wanting 5200 for it. I think the first motor blew up so the guy sold it back to Extreme. It has a new motor ,and I think it has ohlins. There used to be a guy that works there that raced them. I am not sure if he is still there. You can pm me if you want more info.wink.gif

Thanks Honeycutt, I know exactly who your talking about. I know him as well. I think the one your thinking of is the moto though........ They had that one there as well as the Cannibal. That cannibal has the bottom of the line shocks on it. Thanks for the help, but I think I'll just keep looking and see if I can find an 02' for a good price. wink.gif

Honeycutt

#20 Post by Honeycutt »

Hey man good luck on finding one. I will keep my eyes open for you.biggrin.gif