03' Cannibal still on showroom floor?

r.porter

#21 Post by r.porter »

scooter-crusher

#22 Post by scooter-crusher »

azcannon, you are taking my opinion way too serious, if u are happy with your dale, be ahppy and dont worry about what i say, do you remember when Cannondale tried to have a MX Team (Bikes)? It was a joke, they were the laughing stock of the pits and the track, they barely finished any motos because the bikes were constantly breaking, and that is sad considering this was the FACTORY TEAM!!! So i might be bias against the bikes? Who cares, it`s my opinion like you said. They are fun as **** to ride, just nothing to compare to a CRF450, or even a CR250 Stroker.

:head:

flynbryan19

#23 Post by flynbryan19 »

I was real big into mx bike racing at that time......Yeah that very attempt made my opinion of C-dales really loooow for a VERY long time...... Its only been through atv sites that I have started to find some trust in what cannondales can do.

scooter-crusher

#24 Post by scooter-crusher »

Originally posted by flynbryan19
I was real big into mx bike racing at that time......Yeah that very attempt made my opinion of C-dales really loooow for a VERY long time......  Its only been through atv sites that I have started to find some trust in what cannondales can do.

and thats all i was saying, at a few four stroke nationals and not single dale bike finished a moto from the factory cannondale tent!!

flynbryan19

#25 Post by flynbryan19 »

And it was REALLY bad when espn2 would spend like a full minute of footage on looking at the bike broke down on the side of the track with keith johnson throwing his hands in the air....... sad.gif That was really bad publicity for them. They should've done alot more R&D before they put that bike on a national track.

scooter-crusher

#26 Post by scooter-crusher »

yup, they shot their self in the foot big time with that stab at pro-nationals, it was disgraseful to say the least.

theJeStEr1340

#27 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

this picture is a sign from god. It makes it obvious that quads are the better of the 2.

scooter-crusher

#28 Post by scooter-crusher »

is that old bike sportin a set of mono shocks?

thats no sign, try again!! :drink:

jcv440

#29 Post by jcv440 »

Scooter, what kind of bike do you ride?

MX Quad Dad

#30 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Originally posted by flynbryan19
And it was REALLY bad when espn2 would spend like a full minute of footage on looking at the bike broke down on the side of the track with keith johnson throwing his hands in the air....... sad.gif  That was really bad publicity for them.  They should've done alot more R&D before they put that bike on a national track.

Hind sight is allways 20/20. I think C-Dale didn't really investagate the consumer in the markit they were targeting. I think they would have still had to struggle even if they would have finished every race in the top 5. unfortenitly real race conditions is the best R&D or should I say, best way to find where it will break. My guess is that the big bike companies spent more money on one race than C-Dale spent for the whole season, of coarse that is just a guess. But that is why I would never base my purchases on a pro race outcome. A very few riders will switch brands because of which one wins. so even if C-dale would have won a race it still wouldn't have helped very much. Just look at the quad people, even though they said they wanted a full race ready high tech quad, most stood by thier Honda.