Haydug steps up, JB Racing steps out

OCR

Haydug steps up, JB Racing steps out

#1 Post by OCR »

Well Doug turned a big problem into an easy fix for me. In the middle of Decemeber I ordered a set of JB Racing LT A arms for my YFZ from Haydug Cycles, figuring I would have the a arms in plenty enough time for the upcoming season. During this time I also ordered a set of TCS LT shocks for the JB A arms.

3 weeks went by and Doug said the a arms are waiting for ball joints. Another week goes by and I call JB racing to find an estimated time these things will be shipped, Jody at JB Racing verifies that he is waiting for ball joints.

Yesterday (now FIVE WEEKS) I get a call from Doug that the a arms wont be ready for another FEW weeks because Jody is leaving for Glenn Helen then on to Texas:mad: (TOTAL TIME: Minimum 8-9 weeks now!)

NONE of this has been Dougs fault. Doug steps up and tells me if TCS will take the shocks back he will get me hooked up w a set of Housers. SO, I call Erica at TCS and tell her my problem and after talking w Todd she lets me know they will take the shocks back, got me set up w a longer set matched for the Housers. So thankfully I should have my quad together in time for the upcoming season thanks to Haydug and TCS

Way to go guys:clap: :clap:

JB Racing needs to take a lesson from these businesses. If he is backlogged on parts, why is he going to the Nats, when he should be taking care of his customers that have already paid for his parts.

Thanks again Doug:)

BM426Racer

#2 Post by BM426Racer »

Having delt with Jody before i can say your absolutly right. One of the big problems with JB is thats its a little shop that is understaffed. Hes about 30 min east of BMS. I waited for a while for a arms i ordered directly from Jody. His chassis componets held up good as i cant say the same for his motors 416ex national motor and 4 months, not good.

jcv440

#3 Post by jcv440 »

No, that's not just how Jody does business. Any small, privately owned shop is like that. Nationals take top priority over everything. Ask Tom Carlson to build you a motor during season. You'll wait 6 months to get it back.

JB is one of 20 guys that mfg a-arms. He's glad you chose his arms, but he doesn't make his money from the weekend warriors(no disrespect to you!), his money/main support is national riders. Same with Mickey Dunlap, etc, etc. That's just how it is in a small race shop that doesn't get it's bulk of income from rec. riders and non-running national racers.

Not saying what Jody did was okay, but just try to understand it from his point. His national rider wouldn't want him missing the race due to him building a-arms for you. That's just how it is. I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers or anything, just telling you to look at it from his point of view. :drink:

LapTraffic

#4 Post by LapTraffic »

The only point of view I care about is Mine, as Im the one spending the money. smile.gif

If I'm not getting equal treatment from a vendor my dollars go somewhere else. That's why the small guys stay small.

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

No offense, but how is a national rider where he makes his money? More than likely the national rider got his arms for free and he is only going to help dial the quad in. The people paying to keep his shop open are the ones buying the arms (recreational riders).

I agree with Lap. If my money ain't green enough for ya I am sure someone else will think it is.smile.gif

Blazinmoto

#6 Post by Blazinmoto »

I agree with Derno and Lap cause I own a small business and give equel treatment to large and small customers. Also, the little guy is were you make your money to stay alive!

jcv440

#7 Post by jcv440 »

I understand your point of views also. But Jody started his shop for the same reason Walsh started up, to improve upon the current available parts to race the nationals. Jody chooses to stay the same size he is, and I think is relatively happy with what he has going on. Every shop that is involved with national racers, and are relatively small, are all the same. They support the people who supported them from the get go. Jody doesn't have the funds or the manpower to support every little person out their. He couldn't compete with the larger companies and make a living.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I just know how things work for the small race shops. I would have been pissed too if I was in that situation. And amen for Doug for stepping up and making it right.

Mickey Dunlap had a simular situation on exriders. He told him flat out, pretty much what I said. Tom Carlson does the same. They support the people that have brought them into the lime light. It's not fair to the rest of us that want their product, but that's how they run their shops. I dunno what else to say.

dawzie

#8 Post by dawzie »

I own my own excavation/septic repair bussiness. It's me and my two boys. There are times in the summer when we are six weeks out with work. If a repeat customer calls and can't flush, he gets taken care of today.

I know with Walsh (one of our sponsors) if we break one of his parts, we call, he makes the part and ships it out. Thats how he gets so far behind. Now with him moving to Florida we can't even get parts this season :cry:

And a side note; check walsh's web site. He is having a recall on his YFZ swing arms.

OCR

#9 Post by OCR »

Jody had my money and decided he didnt want it, Doug calls Houser and they gladly accepted my money and my arms are on the way.

JB Racing parts may be better (Maybe), but If I cant get the parts, they arent doing me any good. And I dont think ordering my parts 2 weeks into December and expecting them by Febuary is unrealistic. But expecting your customers to wait 9 weeks is not really fair.

There are too many premium a arms companies out there to have to wait that long.

Just like PEP, I will never buy a set because waiting 6 mos for your product is crazy, that being said, I can cross off:
PEP/JB Racing setup for any quad I own.

Maybe I dont race Nationals, but I work hard to make sure I can race on the weekends at whatever level. I pay good money to make sure I can compete on the weekends, I do expect to get these parts in a reasonable amount of time. I guess my expectations are too high.

And on a side note, I am sponsored by Streamline Brakes and when I ordered my parts from them, they told me "It will be a cpl of weeks to get your stuff, we make sure we are filling regular customers orders first, then our sponsored riders." I TOTALLY understood and can really appreciate them being upfront about it and taking care of their "Weekend warriors" first.

MX Quad Dad

#10 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I am with Dawzie and OCR. I am a customer too. and I refuse to wait for parts. I will give a lot of respect to the suppliers that tell you up front "its gonna be a while" but if he tells me two weeks I want them in two weeks, I will uderstand a longer delay if I am notified before the two weeks are up.