How to get motors back from South Bay!!

Sandstorm

How to get motors back from South Bay!!

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

To help out those that want your engines back.. Dustin should be careful who he lies to and bash's on the internet...LOL:)

Contact The Bureau of Automotive Repair
Division of California Consumer Affairs
1-800-952-5210
or www.dca.ca.gov to file an online complaint..

JerJer24

#2 Post by JerJer24 »

i havent been able to contact dustin in 6 months

Mjollnir

#3 Post by Mjollnir »

Can you give us any details on this?

Marc

atvrulz

#4 Post by atvrulz »

Wade is in the process of paying me back.

dunnbandit1

#5 Post by dunnbandit1 »

has any one had any luck getting an engine back from them. they had mine since june now they wont even talk to me:cry:

Smitty911

What?

#6 Post by Smitty911 »

Well it's only maybe a hour drive. Round up the troops head over with a list and permission to pick up the parts or motor.

That may be the easiest way, Register Letter that a Representitive of yours is coming to pick up the motor on XXX date and they should have all parts and serial Numbers of motors.

Worse comes to worse, Small Claims Court and have your designated rep there and get a filing for the parts, Money may be an issue on getting back but you'd have more than you do now.

Smitty

atvrulz

#7 Post by atvrulz »

Dustin is going to jail for the next four months, and he starts his sentence this coming monday.
Now more than ever, if a large group of people got a complaint together against SouthBay Moto, a judge would be more likely to hand Dustin and SouthBay Moto, a judgement they deserve, for all the crap they have pulled.
I would bet the dollar value of Dustin swindling people, is in the ten to twenty thousand dollar range, if not more.

brokedowncdale

#8 Post by brokedowncdale »

I sent my motor in aug and i got mine back jan 15th.Ispoke to Dustin twice a week..I feel it hard to believe you can't get him on the phone.I live in Ft. Worth,Texas and no problem ..I had the monster 460 done with titiam valves.It was worth the wait!!!!!It is super fasssst.Also,one of my friends sent a motor to get stage two porting done and a new crank..It only took dec @ jan to finish his.Maybe people need to learn how to talk to people to stuff done.

Sandstorm

#9 Post by Sandstorm »

Well feel lucky. I hope your motor makes it many many hrs. I wish no heartache on other people as these machines are a challange themselves. If you get past 20hrs I will be surprised. Not trying to be the bearer of bad news, but Wade and ATK have torn SB motors apart and it's not pretty.. This is after they blew or wouldn't run.. Again I wish you the best of luck.. I hope it stays together for you. Dustins famous last words to most when the motor quits is " It's a race motor" Turn key warranty.. Laymans terms are your SOL!!!!

acarli3

#10 Post by acarli3 »

The SBM motors have notoriously broeken within hours and half the work they say they performed was never done. Hope you have better luck.