Handling question...

86atc250r

#1 Post by 86atc250r »

What?!?

We ran XCRs at the 12hrs of America race and even with a 50" wide quad that was lowered the dang thing was coming up on one around the corners before it would ever slide.

In my opinion the whole Holeshot line has too much sidebite and doesn't allow for enough powersliding.

The XCRs do seem to be made out of a fairly hard compound and does wear well, but do not hook well in the straight line on wet or dryslick hardpack. In medium & soft terrain they had excellent bite though.

Personally, I think handling will improve with 22" tires on the front if you are trail riding/racing. The ride will improve over the 20" stock tires and larger diameter will roll over trail obsticles like ledgerock, logs, etc much better. I also think the 22" tires take some of the twitchyness out of the front.

I've tried both 22" 6 ply RAZRs and 22" 6 ply Holeshot XCT's and liked them both on the front.

If you mainly stick to the track, you might like the shorter fronts better, but for the trail, it's hard to go wrong with a good 22" front.

86atc250r

#2 Post by 86atc250r »

They do if the terrain's hardpack and wet, otherwise they hook too well in the corners for my liking. I believe the slickness when wet or on really slick hardpack is due to a fairly hard compound as they seem to wear really well...

Just sharing my opinion after having ridden, raced, and owned Maxxis RAZRs, ITP Holeshots, Holeshot XC's, and Holeshot XCRs....

JeffQuadShop

#3 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Ya, I had problems with XCR's sliding out when on the gas hard going through corners whether it was wet or dry. I put XC's on the 03 Blaze and that solved the problem plus I got a little extra ground clearance.
I would also recommend running the 22's on the front. It seems to be the best setup for woods on a Dale!

86atc250r

#4 Post by 86atc250r »

Hmmm... That's odd, we were running about 4.5psi at the 12hrs, what pressure were you running when you tried them?

The only complaints I had about ours were when quads were dragging water up a greasy hill out of the creekbed about 1/2 way thru the race. I had trouble getting hooked up enough to climb when I saw quads on other tires having no trouble at all. The track also got dryslick in a few spots and it was sliding a little more than I liked thru those sections as well (but I'm not sure how other tires would have handled those conditions). Both those were straight line complaints though.

You planning on racing the 12hrs next year?

JeffQuadShop

#5 Post by JeffQuadShop »

I run 5psi.
I may run that race next year! We are most likley doing Baja too.

cdale127

#6 Post by cdale127 »

Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
We are most likley doing Baja too.

:eek: when when......

JeffQuadShop

#7 Post by JeffQuadShop »

SIMMER DOWN PAPPY!!! Its not for another year!