Perspective

dalewannbe

Perspective

#1 Post by dalewannbe »

Just when you think you have things bad, you need to put things into perspective.

I have a close buddy, Corey, who is 34 like myself. We went to school together, played sports together. Our basketball team was the first team to go undefeated in our conference, we went to the state quarterfinals in football, we were a tight group. Corey and I went to different colleges but we both returned to our hometown after getting jobs after college. We were roommates for awhile before he got married. Corey married one of our high school classmates and he set me up with my wife. He has two boys 5 and 3 and my boys are 4 and 2. We both attend the same church. I am his first son??????????????????s god father. So you get my point we are pretty close.

About three years ago Corey thought he had hemorrhoids. After going to the doctor he found out he had colon cancer. The colon cancer was at stage 4, which is the last most severe stage. He has been battling this cancer for the last three years doing chemo, radiation, and having at least 3 major surgeries. They have cut out parts of his lungs, his liver, his abdomen, lungs and liver again. Over Christmas he got the best news he has had, they thought they had gotten all the cancer. He took 6 weeks off the chemo and was looking and feeling great. He is a volunteer coach for the freshman basketball team by the way.

After his last check up he received possibly the worst news one could ask for. The cancer was back, it is in his lungs and lymph nodes. His next plan of attack is aggressive chemo to see what that does. He asked the doctor if he had a year, the doctor??????????????????s response was he hoped so.

Just remember there are no guarantees in life, and if you think you have things bad, please try to keep them in perspective to grand scheme of life???????????????..you??????????????????ll probably realize you are quite fortunate.

GDITheman

#2 Post by GDITheman »

best of luck to your friend. i agree with your persepctive.

cdsracer

#3 Post by cdsracer »

It is disappointing to hear news like that. Unfortunately it is heard all too often. I'll be hoping and praying for your friend and his family.

levi550

#4 Post by levi550 »

Best wishes to your friend.

theJeStEr1340

#5 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I hope he beats it again! Best wishes to him and his family.

bombsquad54

#6 Post by bombsquad54 »

dont worry beeing that young, he is strong and with God's help he will be fine. we will pray for him here in arkansas, when he gets better take him for a little:ride: that always makes me feel better

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

Our thoughts are with him.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Very good point.Hope all goes well.

haydug

#9 Post by haydug »

Best wishes to your friend, my thoughts and prayer's are with him.

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

Gus,

I know some of what Corey is going thru. I had cancer at 32 as well. If Corey or his wife need someone to talk to, give me a call. He is still very young, tell him to ask the Dr to be very aggressive with his therapy. Tell Corey I am praying for him and his family.

Ken