ATK in Atv Sport shootout

thomez

#11 Post by thomez »

Originally posted by iceracer17
OK,then accorgind to them you should tack on the extra $2k for the suspension =$9999 and another $400-800 for the exhaust.So your around $10-11k.I don't think they're going to even sell 500 units if they are lucky.With the problems they have had it is going to be hard to sell unless they do a lot of work to them.
Add the prices on to the others and they are still around $9k.They could get long travel and more to add up to the ATK.
You have to remember the magazines are doing this comparison for the average guys.What would they choose?A cheaper, better all-around machine.

If they were at Glamis this weekend they would be calling ATK tomorrow. I've read and read how the new 450's are just as fast or faster, but can tell you right now after watching many, many runs, they still haven't caught up to the 2001 technology of the Cannondale.

YFZ with cams, pipe, piston, the works looked like a Warrior on Oldsmobile hill next to Doug on Kenny's Cannondale or ****** in the drags.

You're gonna get what you pay for :usa

mxer450

#12 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by bombsquad54
iceracer17, go back to exriders.com, for knowing so much, you should know that a cannondale moto and ATK mx comes with stock ohlins! and nice exhast, its not my fault honda dousnt put LT and nice parts on stock. LMAO, your just mad that the cannondales are rising again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w: :w: :w: :w: :w: :w:

i think its pretty funny how a few guys from this site are always saying go back to exriders when ever someone say something negative about a cannondale...... but i see these same guys over at exriders posting stuff for sale, checking out race coverage, etc..........you say go back to exriders in a negative manner like this site is better, the cannondale is better, what ever the case may be but yet ive seen you over there posting.

there was a thread over there a month or two back were someone over there who really didnt know what he was talking about anyway made a negative comment about dales.some one came over here posting "go get em guys" i think that was kinda childish.every one always wants to think there brand is the best, well of course they do thats why they bought it wether its cannondale, honda, what ever.it started a big brand bashing thing. well why didnt you guys stay over here instead of comming to exriders and trying to prove how great the dale is.its the same thing iceracer is doing.
most people who are pretty knowledgable when it comes to race quads knows the dale is a good machine, people just like what they like.

mxer450

#13 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by DIRT
LOL its not just suspension.You can add 2k to other quads but thats what it would cost for just the front.now add...
your rear shock
steering stem
wheels and tires
your gusseted frame
axle
rear swing arm
nerf bars
HRC kit
kill switch
tag handle bars
gripper seat cover
exhaust

I understand you say average rider but i see most average riders put most of these parts I listed on there quads.Kinda adds up to the same price (if your on a budget)or more.
On another note when Cannondale was in buisness they had a shoot out agenst a moto with a full blown LRD 440ex and a yosh450 suzuki.Some one posted that a while back.Cannondale won most of that shoot out and some how the Suzuki was rated higher.How a quad rates in a magazine depends on how much money people invest to advertize............who has inveasted more money in advertizing ????

2 comments about the list of add ons to toher bikes.
1 even though the dale comes with wider a arms better exhaust, what ever the case may be.
bri, u know its not walsh, roll, axis, etc... quality.
2 if you look at alot of dales(the moto and the blaze) which are the race bikes. most(not all but i would say more then 50%) people with those quads upgrade alot of stuff on your list to better qualiy stuff.so its not like people dont spend a few g's on dales either.
not sayin the dales are bad we just have to compare equal quility parts.in my opnion(and i would think alot of other peoples, even though they may not admit it)the ohlins doesnt even compare to axis, pep, and elka. same with the wider moto a arms, its not walsh, roll, houser, etc...

mxer450

#14 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by thomez
If they were at Glamis this weekend they would be calling ATK tomorrow. I've read and read how the new 450's are just as fast or faster, but can tell you right now after watching many, many runs, they still haven't caught up to the 2001 technology of the Cannondale.

YFZ with cams, pipe, piston, the works looked like a Warrior on Oldsmobile hill next to Doug on Kenny's Cannondale or ****** in the drags.

You're gonna get what you pay for  :usa

once again i have nothing against the dale, its just not my joice but......
with out jumping down my throut can you tell me why, before the yfz and new trx even came out, how come there were really no noteable proriders on dales?im not talkin a few races im talking like one or two season's.it really cant be a factory or money reason because the factories werent even involved a few years ago.
even now the only real pro in gncc and mx combined is jeff stoess.why??????????

anyone can anwser this question, but please just try to have some respectful anwsers and not start bashing me.im not bashing anyone, i just want to discuss this like adults.

MX Quad Dad

#15 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Originally posted by cdrookie
at least ATVSport is doing the shootout, they're the least bias out of them all.

They may have been the best, but after reading the 05 buyers guid issue I feel they are equal to the others.

What I got from thier ratings

MX racing
KFX, Z400, got equal ratings to the VR and beat the ATK450 CC
450r,beats the VR and the CC
YFZ, equals the ATK 450MX

Trail ride
DVX, R, 400ex, 300ex,250ex, KFX700 & 400, Preditors,
Scrambler, Trail blazer, Phoenix, Z400 &250, raptor 660 & 350,
YFZ and blaster, all beat thier best rated ATK in the trail ride
catigory, which was the VR

Woods racing (I had to chuckel)
They rated the VR and the CC the same. but also rated the R,
400EX and YFZ the same as the ATK. The ATK 450MX got the
worst (besides the Polaris Phoenix) in this catagory, even the
Banshee and the wide GasGas beat the MX. (DO these guy's
even ride quads???????)

Dunes, the only catigory a ATK got a perfect score, and it gose to the MX in the Dunes.
Tied with it was the 400EX (no the R fell one short), KFX, Pred.,
Z400, Raptor 660 and the Banshee.

Desert, the ATK CC and MX tied and beat the VR by one.
but they were also tied with the GasGas 450, 450r, KFX700,
pred. (Troy Lee) and the Banshee
And they came in under the YFZ, 660 Raptor and both DS 650s by thier ratings.

They had a snow catigory. but I just keep getting mor upset the more I read it.

I allmost subscibed to ATV Sport. I think I'll just save my money now

thomez

#16 Post by thomez »

I think the reason the Pro's are racing them is that they are looking for a factory ride with one of the big 3 so they are obviously going to ride one of their quads to do it. Plus, people still don't know how to tune the technology, and would rather change jets than hook up the D&M, just my opinion.

mxer450

#17 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by thomez
I think the reason the Pro's are racing them is that they are looking for a factory ride with one of the big 3 so they are obviously going to ride one of their quads to do it. Plus, people still don't know how to tune the technology, and would rather change jets than hook up the D&M, just my opinion.

no no, i meant before this year because intul this year factories werent involved, i mean last year and the year before.

so your saying unless you modify the map they arent fast?

wistech

#18 Post by wistech »

Im going to have to disagree with you on the quality parts statement. Moto axles ,arms ,exhausts ,steering stems,dampeners,frames,wheels,bars,shocks,brake lines,brakes,rotors are all top shelf equiptment. The only parts I dont like are the hiem joints they use on the tie rods. Heck even the stock short axles take a major jump with wheel spacers to bend them. Sandstorm proved that one.
Although I did upgrade my motos front a arms with a different color powdercoat . As far as the ohlins shocks my Moto came with Elkas and they are ok but they have nowhere near the ajustabilty of my Ohlins moto shocks currently on my Speed.
I dont recall ever seeing a moto with other equiptment on it back when Cannondale was still making quads. I did notice that many took off the smaller spring off the front shocks though.