c-dale pro-pegs??

CannondaleRider

#11 Post by CannondaleRider »

By just the picture, I like the AC's that Blackwidow sells, so does anyone know if those acctually go through the frame.

Krash has the ones on both of his bikes that go in front of the battery under the radiator(If thats how you'd describe it) and I don't really like those. To me, the frames are MADE for the nerfs to go through the frame

Cdale_racer_669

#12 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i got some from black widow. havent put them on yet, but im pretty sure they connect in front of frame, and there is an adapter that goes through the frame, but the tubes themselves do not.

CannondaleRider

#13 Post by CannondaleRider »

"We've had these custom made by AC Racing to our specifications. Instead of mounting to the cradle bolts, the nerf bar is secured through the tube in the frame intended for the OEM bars. A much safer and stronger mounting point. Since we are purchasing directly from the manufacturer, we can offer this high-quality product for about the same price as the regular nerf bars. Unlike the OEM bars, these Pro-Pegs have been fitted to allow the use of 22" rear tires for desert racing. These bars can be mounted to older frames that have the plugged off tube ends. Let us know and we will ship the bars with a modified adapter for this purpose. You can choose either red, black or blue netting."

Well, now that I read it a little slower I realize that its an adapter that goes through the frame. not the nerfs

daydream

#14 Post by daydream »

I have the new nerfs, but they didn't come with the adapter, do you have a pick of the adapter and a pick of them on? Thanx:eek:

thomez

#15 Post by thomez »

Originally posted by bombsquad54
cannondale got there nerf design from ac racing, ac racing, basically built them. and helped with r&d work. thats just what ac told me, they had plans for factory nerfs before the fx400. just what i heard jay.

If AC designed the Cannondale nerfs they wouldn't have put together the hodge-podge that they sold with them not really fitting and going together looking seriously rigged up man....

The factory nerfs were far superior, and if AC designed them, they would have made their own at least the same quality.

I think someone was doing a little bragging with a hint of mistruths :drink:

CDMX215

#16 Post by CDMX215 »

i got new ac nerfs like 2 days before this post it would of definitly changed my desicion i wanted heel gaurds that was why i choose these i think i,m takiing sawzall to them then going to local welder going thru center tube w/ separate pc. of alum then bolting thru tube plus making new ears for engine cradle does graydon still make nerfs w/ heel gaurds ?

CannondaleRider

#17 Post by CannondaleRider »

Whatever you do, don't get the Graydon Proline ones like I have. Krash bought them because it was all he could find........they suck, they mount wierd, and there small

USAMoto00

#18 Post by USAMoto00 »

I don't like the AC's that we got for Michelle's. They are the new ones with the integrated heel guards and they are nice, but make-do. The angle isn't correct and I'm positive that they will be dragging through the whoops. They need to be angled up more at the pro peg mounting position so that they are level and not pointing downward. I guess that's what happens though when you try and make another models nerfs fit.rolleyes.gif :hammer:

theJeStEr1340

#19 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I think I am gonna try to make myself some pegs to replace the alum. ones on mine. I rotated them (I tend to ride more on the front of the pegs so they wear faster) and in 4 rides they are already worn down. I am thinking steel.

jfarrar

#20 Post by jfarrar »

yeah i was rather upset with the design of the new ac's too.the pegs and everything are angle rearward bad.cannot be very comfortable specially with a wide peg.i think it is time to go back to the drawingboard.