12 or 20 gauge?

Cdale_racer_669

#11 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i use both, depending on my mood that day lol. we got about 40 some guns around the house...smile.gif

lil jbr

#12 Post by lil jbr »

for me i like the 20's because they are lighter and easier to handle, i only have one 20, h&r single shot slug gun, and have been shootin the 12 for 3 years now hunting.

MichiganMXer722

#13 Post by MichiganMXer722 »

My dads a gun dealer and i've seen quite a few people buy both, i used to shoot a 20 when i was younger then moved up to a 12 about 6 years ago, the 12 will the knock the deer down better. We've since moved all over muzzleloaders, can shoot 150-175 yards accurtaly. Can't hunt with rifles here so its the next best thing. Buy what your comfortable with. Go to www.galleryofguns.com i think thats it, you can find a dealer near you and search inventory.

jordan

MX Quad Dad

#14 Post by MX Quad Dad »

the only shotgun I own is a 12 ga. Cresent. I'm not into hunting anymore but I do like guns. I quit shotting the 12ga. when I was warned about its condition. I can't see any thing wrong with it, but I need to take it in and have it checked over. I call it my hillbilly gun. It has the longest barrel I have ever seen on a 12ga. and I was told if a dime fitts tight in the end of the barrel that its a full choke. The dime wont even come close to fitting in the barrel. And to top that, it takes three inch maginums

bowhunter74

#15 Post by bowhunter74 »

Quad Dad how old is your Cresent? I have a 16 ga Cresent my grandfather gave me when he died, but I need a stock for it, know any place I could get parts? Its pretty hard to find parts for these guns. :mad:

aroracer72

#16 Post by aroracer72 »

My friend is the state skeet/trapp shooting champ(michigan gun league..or soemthing like that..lol)...and he uses a pump 20...and a double barrel 20.
CHAD

pdavis

#17 Post by pdavis »

for me... it all depends what i am hunting, if it is the elusive canadian beaver, i use a medium size weapon, i dont want to hurt it too bad in case i want to hunt it later,
smile.gif tongue.gif :eek:

scooter-crusher

#18 Post by scooter-crusher »

I hunt coyote, possum, duck. i kill the possum because i hate them, not to eat em, just to clear up. i like the 12 for whaling some slugs and really putting something on the ground, i liked shooting a 20 better for trap shooting. i take my 9mm springfield with me almost everywhere i go, especially when i go walking my dog a few miles into the woods, i feel naked without it.....

Exodus

#19 Post by Exodus »

I'm more of a rifle shooter than a shotgun guy. I missed the Olympic tryouts buy one place in high school and that pretty bumbed me out of shooting. I sold all my trap guns, what a stupid idea that was. But here is what I shot. I used a Browning BT-99 grade 1 pigeon grade. I had it backbored, the forcing cones relieved and had a release trigger. It had a 32" sinlge and a 30" double for trap. I shot fiochhi hulls loaded with an 1 1/4 ounce of shot with 13 grains of reddot behind it. I used Remington wads. The gun would shoot like a 20ga. We would usually put 400 to 500 rounds into practic every weekend and I was never sore. One of the biggest things I regret is selling that shotgun. For skeet I had a Kregoff with all four barrel gauges. .410, 28, 20 and 12. My favorite was the 28 ga by far. Its one of those rounds that have enough to get the job done, but it wont kill you doing it. That was my shotgun collection in high school, but alas, I sold those after loosing at Nationals. What I am using now is a Blakall russian shotgun. This particular one is one of the orginals that Blakall biult and sold in Germany. It has the original Russian walnut stock and is a very nice looking gun. The only thing I did was tune both triggers which break at 31/2 pounds crisp. All I hunt anymore is pheasants, prarie chickens and quail. Havent shot at a goose in years. I did have a freind that shot a 20ga shotgun for trap and was very good with it. On the sixteen yard mark, he ususally broke a 93 to 97 or so. So its not to surprising that someone out there shoots there 20 better than a 12 on trap.