Cannondale Blaze or Raptor

bspblaster

Cannondale Blaze or Raptor

#1 Post by bspblaster »

I have been looking to get a bigger quad, I am currently running around on a modified blaster. I started riding about a year ago and bought a cheap blaster to see if I would like the sport, by the way I love it. I ran accross a 2002 Cannondale Blaze that is like new. It is all stock except for the motor mount update. I have also been looking at Raptors. My question is that I am 6'5" tall 220lbs. and was wondering if the Blaze would be big enough. Will I have to revalve the ohlins. Just thought I would ask the experts for some help.

Drew

#2 Post by Drew »

I am 6'4 255 and it fits me just perfect

raptor0443

#3 Post by raptor0443 »

i am 6'4" 250 and you'll like the cannondale muuuuuuucccchh better than the raptor imo but can i ask....how do you fit on a blaster to shoud be carrying it and not riding it you probably look like a grown man in a barbie jeep lol:) you'll love the cdale!!!!!

Exodus

#4 Post by Exodus »

Around here, Raptors are known as lawn darts. I dont personally know of a raptor that hasnt been on its lid. They have a tendency to go nose down in the air. A lot to do with weight bais and the torque off that motor. I got back into riding with a blaster on a bet, so I know where you're coming from. I still have it, and still ride it, but my baby is an 02 Canibal. I looked a little at the raptors and yfz, 450r, blah blah. I ended up with a Cannondale and I wouldnt change anything if I had the oppertunity. I guess the bottom line for me was, everybody got a yami or a honda, so why be another :w: riding what everybody else has. Besides, I never have seen one of the Jap bikes with a polished aluminum frame. Just my 2 cents.

bspblaster

#5 Post by bspblaster »

If get the cannondale am I going to have to dump a lot of money into the motor to keep it runnin. It is a 02 blaze with about 20 hours on it. The price is $4500, is that a good price. I am leaning towards the cannondale.

cdrookie

#6 Post by cdrookie »

not alot of money, haydug has the new valves and springs, get the z400 crank bearing done by timbomoose, stage 8 from haydug. about $500 if you drop the motor and do the work yourself for a reliable machine. every dale is different, thats the scary part, low hours, high hours, babied or beat, doesn't seem to matter but doing the above mods should result in a reliable machine. almost forgot the d&m kit, another $300

dalewannbe

#7 Post by dalewannbe »

Where you located?

You can find some niced used dales in the for sale section now.

$4500 seems a little high for the blaze, remember, as someone else stated here it doesn't matter if its new or babied, there a few updates that critical to keep these machines running a long time.

You'll want to make sure you at least have the stage 8, or stud update on the cartridge plates. This will keep the motor together and lasting a long time. You'll also want the motor mount update on the newer cases.

If you can find one with the z bearing rod update, you should have a reliable machine for a long time.

Most of us that have one, probably have 2 because we like them soo much and they cheap compared to the other high performance quads.

cannondale440

#8 Post by cannondale440 »

I'll put my 2cents in, I've got a 02 cannibal that never had any update done and it ran for well over 300hrs. It is defently a good idea to do the updates but not imparative. Get it and ride the **** out of it.