Ever seen this?

440rider

Ever seen this?

#1 Post by 440rider »

Last night i was taking of my header pipe and doing some maintenance and found this crack in my swingarm.

Looks like I'm in the market for a new swingarm andyone have one? Also, Is there a trick to taking the swingarm bolt out? I tried to hammer it out from the tread side out to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!!!

jwheat

#2 Post by jwheat »

My original swingarm did the same thing. To get the bolt out, use an air hammer if you have access to one. Spray penetrating oil on both ends of the bolt and knock it back and forth from both sides while spraying it with oil. It will move a little bit more each time. When you get it out (if you don't ruin the bolt) clean the bolt with a wire brush and put anti-seize on it before you reinstall it.:hammer:

cdrookie

#3 Post by cdrookie »

i'm thinking the bolt siezed to the bearings from lack of lube then broke the swing arm, maybe. chances are the bolt is worn and should be replaced along with new bearings for maximum life. i drilled and tapped mine for grease fittings. every 3 races last year i took the swing arm bolt out and greased the bearings. that was approx 4.5 hrs of usage and every time the bolt and bearings were bone dry. it was really a pain in the arse but every quad without grease fittings to the swing arm bearings needs to have them installed.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

I saw that once.Cause was missing spacers.frame was pinched to far and broke out swingarm.

440rider

#5 Post by 440rider »

what do you think something like this costs to replace I guess i need new swingarm and all new bearing and bolt.

cannondale440

#6 Post by cannondale440 »

Your not the only one that has had that happen. My swinger ripped completely off. It wasnt even that bad of a landing it was just akwordly on one wheel. Here is what i replaced it with since it was unrepairable. Notice it broke my bottom shock mount and my rear master cylinder off.

440rider

#7 Post by 440rider »

nice where did you get that swing arm and how much $$ and is that the stock axle?

cannondale440

#8 Post by cannondale440 »

It is a LSR swingarm and i got it off of ebay for like 450.oo i think. No that is not a stock axle it is LSR too.