Yfz Vs Atk

KRMit

#11 Post by KRMit »

Originally posted by RACER101
You can drag race your quad all day long, but when it's time to race MX or XC , bike set up and how well you ride will see how you finish! I know for a fact my 250R with a stock motor is way slower in a drag race.... But put me on any MX or XC track any day on any quad and let's see how they do.........

Bring it don't sing it.........

I pulled 3/10 in an arenacross on my Banshee my first race ever. That ain't something you see everyday... a Banshee in MX... Out of about 25 quads I was the only Shee rider. Like you said, it depends more on the rider than the bike.

TheJaspMan

#12 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by RACER101
You can drag race your quad all day long, but when it's time to race MX or XC , bike set up and how well you ride will see how you finish! I know for a fact my 250R with a stock motor is way slower in a drag race.... But put me on any MX or XC track any day on any quad and let's see how they do.........

Bring it don't sing it.........

Amen brother! Preach on, preach on!!! :bow: :bow:

theJeStEr1340

#13 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I raced my dale this weekend, and the only reason I got 2nd is because the bike is fast, I am slow.

cdalepilot

#14 Post by cdalepilot »

:head: :clap: :usa

parks9

#15 Post by parks9 »

u guys think im bashing the dale, but im not! dont get all offended! i like dales!

aroracer72

Rider determines almost all of it

#16 Post by aroracer72 »

This is very true in almost every scenario...except maybe for crappy CRAPPY conditions or etc. But as they say 10% quad 90% rider. When me and my brother and my dad and his buddies all go riding......they all ask how do i go soo fast on my stock 450r. My brother has a 75hp banshee with a-arms...shocks...axle...etc....and im glued to his rear end throught corners and technical sections. Only time he beats me is in a DRAG RACE...lol. So i definately know its mostly the rider. Cause when my brother rode the 450r...and jsut tried gooing semi-fast it kicked him all around and he jsut couldnt do it. But as for the dales and yamahas.....its jsut a contest...everyone wants bragging rights....but ive ridden all the high performance quads and the dale seems to ME like it jsut has all the right characteristics to allow e to go my fastest. The others are still awesome..jsut the dale feels best to me.
CHAD

parks9

#17 Post by parks9 »

i plan on going to the april ride at little sahara with bombsquad

LapTraffic

#18 Post by LapTraffic »

The bike doesnt define the person.

Im not your typical brand loyal kind of guy, I ride what I enjoy riding, Banshees, Dales, YFZ's etc. Theyre all fun, Im fastest on the dale and thats why I race it. Period.

If I can beat you on dale, I can beat you riding a yfz, or a 450r, he!! i will probably beat you riding a stock 400ex.

The reverse is true as well.

Ride what you enjoy, dont try to justify it by putting down other machines.

:usa