Headlight bulbs?

bowhunter74

Headlight bulbs?

#1 Post by bowhunter74 »

What bulbs are everyone using in the headlights? I got some sylvania 893 bulbs becuse they were brighter, but they broke off after one ride. Does anyone have any other ideas on what to use?

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

I made a post on how to make the bulbs last but I dont remember what the heck it was called. You jb weld the bulb to the base and they will never break again. But you have to run the light to vaporize the epoxy off the bulb before installing it in the housing.

bowhunter74

#3 Post by bowhunter74 »

I saw that post but didn't know if someone had found a bulb that would last yet.

I'll try it.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Nope ,Since these are fog light off some eoropean car (volvo or something) the only bulbs that will fit are single element. If they were actual headlight bulbs they would have a support structure instead of the relying on the darn prongs to hold the bulb on. Ive had great results with the JB weld on the stock bulbs. Not on failure since.

cannondale440

#5 Post by cannondale440 »

i have some non stockers that are exactly the same except for the prongs are like twice as thiick. They havnt broken one time. My step father got them from his ford dealership, ill have to find out the part # or something. They are like the heavy duty version of our stockers.

bowhunter74

#6 Post by bowhunter74 »

Thats what i'm looking for, the ones I got from walmart had thinner prongs and broke, but they were halogen and were brighter.

bowhunter74

#7 Post by bowhunter74 »

UPDATE: I bought somemore bulbs and added the JB Weld to them, let them dry and burned them off. They seem to be pretty stiff now, I'm going to the dunes next weekend and I'll see how well it works.

I'm thinking of getting some Trail techs or Lazer Stars, does anyone make a high output stator for the Dales?