I hate dishonest people!!!

Josh

I hate dishonest people!!!

#1 Post by Josh »

Look what some schmuck did to my truck in a parking lot today. Didn't even have the nerve to leave a note.

Josh

#2 Post by Josh »

Closer view.... truck is only 5 months old. $1200 from insurance and $500 out of pocket and I will have a new door. Not to mention I may face a rate increase for actually using my insurance, man this sucks... Now I can't get my D&M kit or 468 for another few months...

USAMoto00

#3 Post by USAMoto00 »

That really pi**es me off! I hate when people destroy what we work so hard for. If that was a piece of sh*t truck you had, there would have been a note and a # no doubt. :mad:

ccole

#4 Post by ccole »

yea i don't like dishonest people either!!It's like when someone tells you that they will do something and then don't it sucks. Right USA?

Mjollnir

#5 Post by Mjollnir »

Uh oh. :box:

440EX4ME

#6 Post by 440EX4ME »

That really suks but if your worried about your insurance try stopping by a few of the smaller body shops and asking if they could hook you up for around $500-$600

Since your paying that anyhow it couldnt hurt, and hits like that have been repaired for less.

Josh

#7 Post by Josh »

A new door is $400+ without paint. So... it will need to be color matched, stripped of all it's parts and then re-installed, labor rates are anywhere from $65-85hr in CA. Since the truck is a '05 I'm not going to have some one stretch it back out and bondo/paint, I want it like new again. Truck is a 2500 4x4 with the Cummins so it wasn't cheap to begin with, I'm not going to start now. I know there are cheaper options, but quality will be sacrificed as well.

As for the insurance, I'm not sure if they will raise my rates. I've heard mixed reviews on AAA so we will have to just wait and see what they do.

Mjollnir

#8 Post by Mjollnir »

A good body shop will make it look like new.

You're talking about a new skin, right?

Josh

#9 Post by Josh »

Unfortunatley a new skin can't be installed. What you can't see in the pictures is the internal damage to the inner door frame and crease/cracking of the lower seams. Also the door was shoved into the rocker panels, window will only go down 3/4 of the way.

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

Josh, my insurance has a limit on the $$ covered under a single claim on uninsured motorist, which this would fall under. Just ask them what it is. My place is 2k so it would be covered. But, I don't know about AAA.