I hate dishonest people!!!

cdalemx301

#11 Post by cdalemx301 »

**** that sux whoever hit you musyt have been moving to make a dent that size in a parking lot

Josh

#12 Post by Josh »

Insurance is going to cover it without any probs and I will pay my deductible, I'm just not too sure if they will raise my rates because I actually filed a claim. I have had a perfect record for 12 years and this will be my first claim ever filed so I will have to see.

Happyboy

#13 Post by Happyboy »

You can get them to tell you if it will impact your premium up front.

yamadjs08

#14 Post by yamadjs08 »

This might be one of the more dumb opinions but its just a thought. LOL. Where were you at when this happened, I know you said in a parking lot, but were you in a store, if so what store, a lot of stores like Wal-Mart have parking lot cameras now, but that probably wouldnt help your case. ohmy.gif :eek: biggrin.gif

Josh

#15 Post by Josh »

I was at one of my customers parking lots and they sell tractor equipment. Rather small shop, no cameras or anything.

I'm over it now, not much else I can do but pay for it and get it fixed.

440EX4ME

#16 Post by 440EX4ME »

Originally posted by Josh
A new door is $400+ without paint.  So... it will need to be color matched, stripped of all it's parts and then re-installed, labor rates are anywhere from $65-85hr in CA.  Since the truck is a '05 I'm not going to have some one stretch it back out and bondo/paint, I want it like new again.  Truck is a 2500 4x4 with the Cummins so it wasn't cheap to begin with, I'm not going to start now.  I know there are cheaper options, but quality will be sacrificed as well.

As for the insurance, I'm not sure if they will raise my rates.  I've heard mixed reviews on AAA so we will have to just wait and see what they do.

Sorry if the info didnt match your situation but from the original post it sounded like you were more concerned about the deductible and rate increase than the new door.

Another thing to keep in mind is that since you do not have the info on the other vehicle or driver this will go under the collision coverage, and in some states (the ones that allow ins co's to screw us worse) it can be listed as a chargable accident.

I know it sounds strange that you would be charged for an accident when you were not even in the vehicle but it has happened (I am actually fighting something similar to this for two years now) and depending on where you live it can be really tough to get straightened out.

Either way good luck and try be sure your getting an OEM door.

USAMoto00

#17 Post by USAMoto00 »

Hey ccole, I ordered those when? I'll get the money back and try and get those someplace else and send them to you okay? I told you before that I would try to help out and I meant it. Last I knew they were to be sent straight to your house and I haven't checked since. I took for granted that you got them already. If it makes you feel any better, I just bought some X-factors off of ebay and they didn't come with any peg mounts which makes them useless.rolleyes.gif The extra pieces I sent must have not meant anything either. Trust me, I have learned my lesson.:usa

Josh

#18 Post by Josh »

Can't you just PM all that info instead of messing my thread???

:eek: :confused:

USAMoto00

#19 Post by USAMoto00 »

I could have, but he wanted to push it out into the open. I am not afraid to oblige. Sorry, didn't mean to go a different direction with your thread Josh. Back to what you WERE saying. I have a convertable IROC and every time I go someplace I park away from everything! When I happen to go back to it to leave, I have every rust bucket Chevette and any other POS you can think of sitting right on my door handle.:mad:

Josh

#20 Post by Josh »

No problem USA...

I know what you mean about the parking. Unfortunately I only had 3 places to park and I couldn't fit in the other 2. It seems the trucks/cars are getting bigger and the parking spots are being designed smaller to fit more people in....:mad: