drag race's

twisted

drag race's

#1 Post by twisted »

hey there guy's,

I was curious, i'll be getting a 03 cannibal with hmf pipe, and moto mapping. Do you think I would be able to take a banshee and a raptor at my local drag's. It'd be nice to finaly shut up those big mouth banshee and raptor rider's. There both stock.

Also, what tires should I get to replace to the trail wolf's, ill be doing mostly mx and pit riding. Thank's guys.

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

How long of a drag race? 300ft, 1/4mile, and such. Stock machines you should do fine. They start beefing up the shee then you might be in trouble.

parks9

#3 Post by parks9 »

i would have to say the dale would probably take the stock bikes like that pretty easy. Kenda Klaws, Holeshot MXR4's and Maxxis RazorMX and ive heard nothing but good things about the kenda knarly's so those are good tires. The MXR4s are really soft though, i took mine to my friends house and rode hard there for an hour or so... the rocks ripped my tread up pretty bad.

adam

twisted

#4 Post by twisted »

Thanks for the reply's, the drag racing is 18 I think, its not very long... I was thinking 19 inch razr mx's for the rear and holeshot fronts. (20 inch).

cannondale440

#5 Post by cannondale440 »

If they are stock bikes you should easily win.

bombsquad54

#6 Post by bombsquad54 »

razr mx's suck, IMO, i have them on my new bike, two trips to the mx track, they are weeellll done.

cdrookie

#7 Post by cdrookie »

if you're all equal riders i'm gonna say you're in trouble. does the dale have the stock 13/42 gearing? combine that with the 20"(more like 18") trail wolfs and you'll be shifting gears so fast and running out of steam too early. i was getting spanked by z400's with my stock cannibal, in the grass and on the road. too much wheel spin in the grass and was hitting the rev limiter quickly on the road.

bestonearth

#8 Post by bestonearth »

i hav enever rode on the razr mx's, but i have noticed that many pro racers are using them now. From what i hear the don't wear too bad either.

cannibalq8

#9 Post by cannibalq8 »

14/40 gearing , Stock new tires and XMX map .. we r dragging 1/8 mile in Dirt also.

440speedrider

#10 Post by 440speedrider »

I have a timbo stroker motor, and this weekend we went to happy hallow, its in southern ohio, highland co. I was with a modded kfx and a 250r, after a couple hours of riding everytime we stoped to get something to drink a raptor, banshee and a yfz would throw dust all over us, they kept sayin yamahas rull, you suck, stuff like that, so we watched them drag race, and the banshee smoked the raptor and just beat the yfz by about 3 bikes, i talked to the owner and the said they were just young punks who none can run with, he told me that banshee was fast, he said it had weisco high compression pistons, trinity carbs and intake, k & n, and the said the thought it was stroked, so i decided to see how i stand, i pulled up and they started laughing at me, i just smilled and asked if they were ready to run, they said ya, so it was on, the yfz and the banshee got me off the line, me and the raptor were left behind, when i stoped spinning i took the raptor, then the yfz, and right before the end i took the bansee, they were pissed, so we ran again, this time i done the ol 3rd gear launch. It was funny, after i started to take off i left him my buddys said i got him by about 3 bikes, and im geard high i have never hit rev limiter in 5th it need to go lower and then ill spank him bad. but just thought i would post this, i think you can take a stock banshee and raptor.