Its Alive

T-Rex

#1 Post by T-Rex »

Well I finally got it fired up a few hours ago and man does is seems extremely responcive. Ended up with a special Timbo Map .83 inj. offset, 2700 flow rate. I went and set my throttle settings one more time and now it will start up but will not stay running. I noticed my voltage dropped down to 11.57 Volts. I am hopping this is the problem I set a 2amp charge for the battery.
Tomorrow I will try again and ride it. Thanks Wistech and Timbo for all of your help. Two outstanding people that take pride in what they do.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Nice!Cant wait for dyno results on this one.Should be good from little tidbits I have been hearing.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Make sure the stator is plugged in and you might want to pull the flywheel off to be sure it is not rubbing on the windings. Lets hope this little motor wil set a new 448 dyno record . It should if all the little trick parts in it do as advertised. Dont forget to check for trouble codes and dont you baby that thing either. smile.gif

T-Rex

#4 Post by T-Rex »

I will call you later today Wistech.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

I hope the tech call helped out an from the sound of your dale revving on the phone it looks like it did.LOL
You should try out a couple of the harley maps when you go to tune it to see if the injectors are worth it for the smaller engines. Anyway I have some 40hp club decals here for you laugh.gif

T-Rex

#6 Post by T-Rex »

OH NO! Its not going to have a 40hp club sticker, no way... Just drove it and holy crap it pulls the front wheels in any gear and pulls like a freight train. I started out with 14/44 gearing and it hit the rev limiter way to fast. Then tried 14/42 man this thing is awesome I wish I would have spent the money sooner. I can only dream of what a 495 or 505 runs like.
I can't say it just as fast as my YFZ but its nipping at its rear wheels. My YFZ dynoed at 56rwhp a few weeks ago. Riding the two its hard to tell which is faster.

T-Rex

#7 Post by T-Rex »

Well I dynoed the dale and ended up at 48.77rwhp and 31.2ftlbs of torque. Made only 4 pulls @ $10 a pull and the engine never got over 178 degrees. Not sure of the dyno make or model but it was in the SAE settings. I do know he had a 450R stock bore before I dynoed and it pulled 60rwhp and 39ftlbs of torque. I dynoed at RAGE ATV in Cleveland Texas. Dee Manshack is a good friend of mine.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Not bad.If it was on STD setting you would have been into 50's for sure.Only 4 runs!Doesnt even pay to run it till its fully up to temp.I would get my money back or make sure the dyno guy knows he owes you next time.

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

Yup I think we need to find a real dyno that doesnt have rip off prices,can print out sheets and upload run files. There is at least 3 more ponies you are missing out on without tuning. That engine is going to need something special. Id have come down but I was busy giving some tech support. smile.gif

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Dang!