The day has finally come.

pdavis

#11 Post by pdavis »

i never said i was going to cash in in there contigency loot, not unless they pay out the top 25 in the +40 class,
they offer it, and i am sure that it helps someone down the line that can really use it ...

KRMit

#12 Post by KRMit »

There's an electric start option for the 450r?? Does it add much weight or cost extra? If this is true, it's a good correction for Honda to make. A lot of people have chosen the YFZ over the R just for the starter.

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

Guys I wasn't aiming at the 2 of you in particular. There have been other people that I talk to that make the same statements. I am just saying that a reason to buy a 4wheeler shouldn't be based on contingency money. Sorry didn't mean to offend!smile.gif

pdavis

#14 Post by pdavis »

you didnt offend me... i know that i will never get any contingency money out of ANYONE, unless of course it is some type of "honorable mention" or a "thanks for showing up, now go home" contigency. but i know what you are saying,

and dont think for a second that i dont dont know what you are trying to do.... testing the waters for a whipping boy... but thats a whole different thread:p :eek:

and yes.... i was told by the honda dealer that there is an electric start option for them but the draw back is about 60-70lbs they told me, but i cant see a starter, wiring and a battery to weigh that much... 50lbs tops i would think

lil jbr

#15 Post by lil jbr »

450r's have an electric start option?

Dale512

#16 Post by Dale512 »

No, your dealer is full of crap. No Electric Start option on the 450R. If there was it would add 15lbs max.

cheetah5431

#17 Post by cheetah5431 »

Hey guys I'm not gonna drop off the face of the earth though. I am keeping the dale and in another 2 weeks or so when I get the R settled I'm gonna go back into the dale for about the 8th time this year and take my time fixing everything right. I still have a pretty trick dale and I'm gonna use it for play and practice. I can't just give them up there is nothing else like them. If I ever get it back to where I'm 100% confident in it I may break it back out for a race or two. Guess it depends on how well I like the R.