1st Ride 1st Horror story

Sage

1st Ride 1st story

#1 Post by Sage »

I rode my blaze for the first real time yesterday. At first I could not believe how well this thing handled. The power was also more than I expected. I was riding at the sand dunes. The first 15 minutes were great, then I ran into problems. I had the throttle wide open running across these dunes. The bike suddenly died. I did not really think anything of it. I thought that it might of had bad gas in it. I rode for a little while longer with no problem, but I did not open the throttle all the way. I tried to climb a big steep dune. Half way up the dune, the electrical system completly failed. I went down almost as fast as i went up. I had the throttle wide open during this climb. The bike restarted, but if i opened the throttle more than have way, the electrical system would shut down. It restarted a few times, and did the same thing. It finally died altogther. I had to be towed in by a rice rocket. The worst part was the fact that about 50 people witnessed the whole ordeal. Many of them told me I should not have bought this american made piece of ****, one guy even told me that this is usually how he see's Cannondales. Behind a rice rocket on a rope.
When I was finally towed in it was dark. I removed the battery when I was in camp, and place a new one in the bike. The battery that I had was bad. The bike fired right up, and seemed fine. The question I have is this. If the battery is bad or extremly low, would this cause the injection system to suddenly stop? When it died it would rumble out, but the lights on my map select would turn off. When it finally died the head lights would not turn on, but iff I waited a while they would. If I tried to start it the lights would click off and I had nothing. I put the new battery in latter and it fired right up. What do you guys think that the problem is? I know this, I will not be climbing any huge dunes for awhile.

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

Inspect the stator for cuts in the line and then inspect the charging. If your stator isn't charging the battery this will happen again.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Not enough juice will shut the FI down even though you are running. It has happened to me in the past!

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

you need a multimeter and a D&M kit. welcome to the world of cannondales:)

Zerotact

#5 Post by Zerotact »

This could have been as simple as a loose battery cable or ground wire... Very Common, and Very Embarassing....

Sage

#6 Post by Sage »

I had my battery checked and it was not good. They told me there was short in it. Something about a plate in the top of the battery that was bad. I didn't know a battery could do this, but if this is all that it is I will be happy.

pdavis

#7 Post by pdavis »

:head: :head: :head:
rock on brother

wanablaze

#8 Post by wanablaze »

Even if the battery is dead, I would check your stator, anyways. I'm with Happyboy...

parks9

#9 Post by parks9 »

notice how he says "rice ROCKET"!

Exodus

#10 Post by Exodus »

Parks, he would have called them their technical name, ******* rice ******* but that would have gotten his thread deleted. (You can fill in the blanks with whatever slang word that comes to mind)