backyard mechanics!

haydug

backyard mechanics!

#1 Post by haydug »

For those "backyard mechanics" that frequent this site:

We are glad to have you here, and sharing your knowledge. However:

We DO NOT allow solicitation on this site, I will not tolerate it, and first sign that I think you are soliciting, you are gone.

Now, for all who have them rebuild your engine, does it carry any warranty?

Pro400EXC

#2 Post by Pro400EXC »

GIT EM Doug!!!!!!!!!

"whenever coons come on our porch mama just sweep em away w/ the broom" "No..not racoons Forest....Nem back yard builders!"

You don't have to worry about me buyin from anyone else Doug.....You Da Man.....so... check my engine yet?hehe

They come w/ a warrenty?......sweet

bestonearth

#3 Post by bestonearth »

doug, i know this doesn't really deal with this topic, but do you have any news on the falicon cranks (a week, or month?) Please let me know.

thanks,
doug hamm

fig

#4 Post by fig »

Doug,

It's great to hear that a engine builder offers a warranty.

What is your warranty?

Thanks

cdalerider75

#5 Post by cdalerider75 »

SO YOU SHOULD POST A LIST OF APPROVED NON - BACKYARD MECHANICS!!

Oh almost forgot... I do my work in a garage not my backyard.

azcannon

A little information

#6 Post by azcannon »

I have rebuilt 1 motor for a local For Free and still regret it. Nothing but Problems , I was trying to help and it will end up costing me about 500.00 , I didn't meet him on this site.
I wish all the new people understood all that goes in a succesful engine rebuild and what makes Doug one of the Best guys for your engine work , I am always glad to talk cannondales so you can call and ask me why I think that, I think I have a good handle on some basic's for backyard building my OWN motors and thats just what it is, I don't have all the correct tools for everything And I bet most guys soliciting on here don't either !!
With that said I have and will again recommended HayDug ( Doug ) many times.
I have even read a lot of old posts from a lot of members to see some of their trials and tribulations with these suckers.
I also think people should know this site is the Best place for information on these cannondales and Doug you give your help freely to many people with questions on top of Your business which is servicing these things WHO ELSE DOES THAT ? Thanks Doug for keeping this site going and allowing me to keep up on my stuff and thanks for helping create new parts for our Cannondales. I will be ordering more Kibblewhites soon. Thanks for the honest advice on my exhaust system ( saved me 200.00 )
And sharing your experience so I may keep playing in the Dirt/Sand
I have 2 cannondales , a spare motor , and a spare crank,head,misc parts to rebuild my own stuff and save downtime NOT FOR SALE OR HIRE

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

Doug, are you talking about soliciting working on motors or the parts that have been getting thrown around lately? Just want to be clear since new ideas for parts have come up alot lately among the R&D type peeps around here.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

My take on this subject is this.Nobody is going to make a living selling this part or that part or service on Cannondales unless one or maybe two vendors get most of the work and sales.The population just does not justify a whole bunch of Haydugs.Therefore by all means come up with the ideas and develop them but then pass it on to the ones who deserves the business Haydug and sponsors.He has a better supply network and it is his job.The parts that improve our machines especially need to get out there to everyone.Haydug has the buying power to get that done.Nobody else does.Quite possibly if this happens Haydug will be able to afford a inventory.We need a Walmart for Cannondales so when **** happens we can fix it without delay.

haydug

#9 Post by haydug »

OK, my interpertation of a backyard mechanic: ME!! tongue.gif

Here is the reason for this post: This site cost ME money every month. There is a couple of site sponsors on here to help offset the cost. I have turned down a few sponsors already (new shops talking to ATK and claiming to be "experts" now) So, if I let them be site sponsors, and you send them your motor, and it blows up, you will not be happy. So, this is a small protection plan for the members on this site as well. Also, I have seen other members on this site that offer services, for awhile I was getting pm's about a particular member soliciting engine rebuilds, we have talked about it, and everything is OK. But, what really gets me is the ones who DO make money on this site, that do not contribute financially to this one cent. If is wasn't for this site, they wouldn't be making the money, but seem to not care. I guess if the site left the building tomorrow, someone may care.
I think if some people would look at the big picture here, you may see what I'm talking about.
Cdembek: This was not aimed at you, I put a post about this in the moderators forum a week ago: to try and weed out the people using my site for personal profit. So, unless you have been solicting, I'm not sure how you take such offense to this.

A prime example was the shop bombsquad purchased his bike at: after the sale, he was left high and dry. That shop had come on here and sold LOT'S of parts and bikes, with not so much as a thank you to the cannondale community. As a matter of fact, after hearing bomb's story, I'd say a big f*** you issue'd.

So: for those who do profit on this, please take time to contribute, or one day you may not be able to log on. wink.gif

jwheat

#10 Post by jwheat »

I don't work on atv's for a living.....only a hobby! I do it fo me and my friends for cost of parts and their assistance so that we miss as little riding time as possible! Let me also state that I have built several engines, but I don't consider myself an engine rebuilder....not my area of expertise!

But.......I do own a shop that specializes in computer and driveability problems on cars, so if your check engine light comes on...call me. If your fourwheeler engine blows up...call Haydug or one of the other engine builders on this site! :hammer: