Honduh's

CdaleRacer0128

#11 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Guess what?I will give that to Honda(reliable)but to do that they are too conservative.Their conservative approach has cost them the top spot in sales for MX for sure.Used to be a sea of 250r's and 400ex's now I mostly see Blue with a growing number of Red sprinkled in.But face it the Honda total dominance at races is over for sure.That has to hurt them.Hopefully it will cause them to change.

I'm sorry, but i agree with the conservative approach with the 400ex, but the 450R is by all means not conservative. Take a look at this weekends results, HONDA, HONDA, SUZUKI, then a yamaha

those hondas are dialed in and run like raped apes

mxer450

#12 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by twisted
Honda's arent that reliable, had 2 friends that I rode with and something went wrong with them every ride, now my yamaha warrior is reliable I rode through **** and a mudbog and still came back shinning.

I have nothing againt's any company, some have their advantages and some have their dissadvantages..

cannondale: super fast, fuel injected aluminum frame ext... problem.. needs some updates...

yfz: very fast, strong frame, other than 1st year wingarms, crank fauilures ext...

450r, week frame, potent motor, but doesnt pull like a yfz or dale... ext..

can you tell me the benifit of fuel injection on a quad???rolleyes.gif

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by mxer450
can you tell me the benifit of fuel injection on a quad???rolleyes.gif

Lou the biggest benefit to be had is better power and throttle response. I know fuel economy comes with it, but if you bought a quad for fuel economy you need your head checked. Trust me when I say this FI is coming to all the sport quads and dirt bikes. Sooner or later. I went through this in the late 90's all the sport bike guys were crying. Heck all the Harley guys still cry when FI comes up. Tuning is made ten times easier on FI then on a carb.

MrSlithers

#14 Post by MrSlithers »

I will also admit that Honda's (the 4 i've owned) have been incredibly reliable. My '00 Rancher has over 21,000 miles on a completely stock motor and it still runs just as strong as the day we brought it home 5 years ago. We've had 0 problems with the Rubicon and 2 450's either and the same with the 400ex. But they should've gotten their heads outta there ***** a looooong time ago because it seems like Yamaha took top MX spot....

But my Cannondale is still my favorite:) .

mxer450

#15 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by RACER101
It's a great:confused:  Easy,all you need is a laptop and a $350.00 D&M kit. Carbs suck! LOL Who has time to buy a $6.00 jet and about 20 min's of tinkering?

but they have feul injection in cars and you dont need a lap top for that?
im confused.........you would think if injection was the way to go the jap companies would be using it on carmichel, reed, stewart, etc.....whats up with that?

jwheat

#16 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by mxer450
but they have feul injection in cars and you dont need a lap top for that?
im confused.........you would think if injection was the way to go the jap companies would be using it on carmichel, reed, stewart, etc.....whats up with that?

You're right! :clap: :clap: They do have fuel injection on cars, and if you want to tune them correctly or change the parameters(maps) you have to have a COMPUTER!

As for the Asian companies...I seem to recall Honda making a fuel injected jet ski...and working on a fuel injected dirt bike....and Kawasaki having a fuel injected street bike.....and Suzuki coming out with a fuel injected quad. Guess what...you have to have a computer to tune any of those. If you think carbs are the way to go....hang around!

cdrookie

#17 Post by cdrookie »

Originally posted by RACER101
It's a great:confused:  Easy,all you need is a laptop and a $350.00 D&M kit. Carbs suck! LOL Who has time to buy a $6.00 jet and about 20 min's of tinkering?

$350 for a D&M? $6 for a jet? you're getting raped kenny!!! i just got 5 jets for $20, thought that was such a great deal i bought another set of exactly the same sizes...
no more ordering parts in the middle of the night for me!

mxer450

#18 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by jwheat
You're right! :clap: :clap:  They do have fuel injection on cars, and if you want to tune them correctly or change the parameters(maps) you have to have a COMPUTER!

As for the Asian companies...I seem to recall Honda making a fuel injected jet ski...and working on a fuel injected dirt bike....and Kawasaki having a fuel injected street bike.....and Suzuki coming out with a fuel injected quad. Guess what...you have to have a computer to tune any of those. If you think carbs are the way to go....hang around!

o yea i forgot i just had all my cars in last week to get my parameters changed because they werent running right:rolleyes:

Cdale_racer_669

#19 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

cars dont need tuning becuase they have a closed loop system and adjust for themselves. dales dont NEED the D&M kit either, but it lets u tune it perfect. on cars u can get a standalone ECU and do the same thing, or tune the stock one, or get a piggyback system. yamaha and honda will have FI very shortly i bet, within 3 years. its probably under development now. carbs are a thing of the past.
on the honda thing, honda is a great brand, just like every other brand. but some of the owners are so loyal they wuld ride honda no matter what their bike was like. i had a 300ex before the cdale and it took a beating and rarely broke, and always started up for me. but it wasnt what i wuld call a "performance" quad lol.

61austin

#20 Post by 61austin »

Originally posted by Cdale_racer_669
cars dont need tuning becuase they have a closed loop system and adjust for themselves.

What would it take to have that on a dale?