Honduh's

fig

#31 Post by fig »

Nascar: this is an organization that uses restrictor plates. They want to go slower not faster! Need I say more?

Pro dirtbike mx: Give it three or four years for the old bikes to catch up, you will see the major bike makers borrow from their street bike technology.

NHRA- Fuel injection has been around forever in the big boy classes. It??????????????????s not computerized, but its fuel injection. For modern fuel injection the front wheel drive classes are modern electronics and fuel injection. Yes four cylinder cars running almost as fast a pro stock.

Sprints- ?

The bottom line is fuel injection does not make more horsepower; it is more consistent and does make the same horsepower as a properly tuned carb. The difference is you can change the timing, fuel curve, throttle response with fuel injection. There is no performance downside to FI.

mxer450

#32 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by fig
Nascar:  this is an organization that uses restrictor plates. They want to go slower not faster! Need I say more?

Pro dirtbike mx: Give it three or four years for the old bikes to catch up, you will see the major bike makers borrow from their street bike technology.

NHRA- Fuel injection has been around forever in the big boy classes. It??????????????????s not computerized, but its fuel injection. For modern fuel injection the front wheel drive classes are modern electronics and fuel injection. Yes four cylinder cars running almost as fast a pro stock.

Sprints- ?

The bottom line is fuel injection does not make more horsepower; it is more consistent and does make the same horsepower as a properly tuned carb.  The difference is you can change the timing, fuel curve, throttle response with fuel injection. There is no performance downside to FI.

dude you just contradicked(sp?) yourself.
nascar:
you say nascar doesnt want to go faster they want to go slower.well then why not fuel injection you just said that injection doesnt make more power then carbs.you also said injection is more consistent, well isnt that what nascar is all about?????if its so much more consistent and easier to tune why arent they using it.
nhra:
where is the fuel injection in the big boy classes?who uses it?top fuel?prostock?funny car?who
these cars may have computers to control some things like timing and nitrious progresion but they run carbs.
dirtbike mx:
there are guys who dont want to move over to 4 strokes and want to stay on there 2 strokes you think they're gonna jump on an injected big?hello
rolleyes.gif

as far as changing timing and fuel curve, etc......you can do that with msd and other such devise's you dont need fuel injection for that.

mxer450

#33 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by jesshamner
Personally, I think its much faster to just pull out the laptop and hook it up than to change jets.   But why are we going back and forth on this?  mxer450, so you don't like...or use fuel injection.  Ok...good for you.  For everybody else posting in this...sometimes you can't change people's minds no matter what information you give them.

you must not be to good with a wrench then.
as far as going back and fourth, you guys can call me a trouble maker or a d1ck or what ever.im not personally attacking anyone you guys say your stuff is better and post why. i say mine is better and post why i think it is.im not just saying mine is better nah nah nah nah, im backing up my statements with facts and opinions formed from my experiance and things i have seen happens to others.thats what we all come to sites like these for to learn the good and the BAD unbias people can come here view this thread and make there up there own mind based on my imput and anyoe else's.

61austin

#34 Post by 61austin »

Originally posted by mxer450

nascar:
you say nascar doesnt want to go faster they want to go slower.well then why not fuel injection you just said that injection doesnt make more power then carbs.you also said injection is more consistent, well isnt that what nascar is all about?????if its so much more consistent and easier to tune why arent they using it.

If nascar allowed FI then it would just be a money game for the big boys, how would the small teams with few sponsors ever be able to afford to build a car?

jesshamner

#35 Post by jesshamner »

you must not be to good with a wrench then.
as far as going back and fourth, you guys can call me a trouble maker or a d1ck or what ever.im not personally attacking anyone you guys say your stuff is better and post why. i say mine is better and post why i think it is.im not just saying mine is better nah nah nah nah, im backing up my statements with facts and opinions formed from my experiance and things i have seen happens to others.thats what we all come to sites like these for to learn the good and the BAD unbias people can come here view this thread and make there up there own mind based on my imput and anyoe else's.

Actually, I'm pretty good with a wrench. It didn't take much time to change out the jet in my 400ex. But like I said...its much easier and quicker to pull out the laptop.

mxer450

#36 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by 61austin
If nascar allowed FI then it would just be a money game for the big boys, how would the small teams with few sponsors ever be able to afford to build a car?

dude thats how it is now anyway

mxer450

#37 Post by mxer450 »

Actually, I'm pretty good with a wrench.  It didn't take much time to change out the jet in my 400ex.  But like I said...its much easier and quicker to pull out the laptop.

ummmm jet....$3-4........laptop......$500 minimum
its jets for me, ill put that extra $495+ into some real parts

jacobw

#38 Post by jacobw »

jets are cheaper but there is more guess work invovled with jetting plus you have to take the carb apart and I hate the gas smell so tuning wiht the comp is a plus!smile.gif i will be glad when more manufacturers switch to FI. I dont know why the big utes can get FI but the sports atvs are carbed seems they would put the good technology into the sport market.:confused: My next ride will be a new king quad 700 those things rip!!! And they use alloy frames on dirtbikes but not quads wouldnt it be nice to get a factory frame fromt he big 3 you didnt have to gusset!!

mxer450

#39 Post by mxer450 »

ummmm  jet....free from local honda dealer.....laptop....already had one.

^^^ this sort of response is lame.

Its not the fact that you disagree and post your opinions...its the manner in which you post.

why is that response lame?????you must be a fast rider because all the people i know have to pay for jets.i must not be that fast cause i dont get em for free nor do i have a laptop.

and what manner might that be?

jesshamner

#40 Post by jesshamner »

why is that response lame?????you must be a fast rider because all the people i know have to pay for jets.i must not be that fast cause i dont get em for free nor do i have a laptop.

and what manner might that be?

Much better. I'm not really all that fast. My honda dealer is actually a rare dealership in which they care about their customers. When I needed a jet, they just gave me one. I think they only charged like 2 dollars anyway. They know I spend my money there.

Anway, by having access to both jets and a laptop, I still think its easier to pop open the laptop, adjust the settings and hit enter.

Have you ever been on a cannondale? Have you ever tried tuning one with the software. It may not be your cup of tea but it is pretty cool.