Honduh's

jacobw

#41 Post by jacobw »

I say it it has wheels ride it:p

mxer450

#42 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by jesshamner
Much better.  I'm not really all that fast.  My honda dealer is actually a rare dealership in which they care about their customers.  When I needed a jet, they just gave me one.  I think they only charged like 2 dollars anyway.  They know I spend my money there.  

Anway, by having access to both jets and a laptop, I still think its easier to pop open the laptop, adjust the settings and hit enter.

Have you ever been on a cannondale?  Have you ever tried tuning one with the software.  It may not be your cup of tea but it is pretty cool.

yes i have ridin them, like ive stated before as well, when they run they are fast as he11
you say you plug in your lap top and then what, how do you know what settins you need to change?theres no majic code to put in right?its trial and error the same as with carbs.

cannondale27

#43 Post by cannondale27 »

I can make 10-20 major "jetting" changes in 20 minutes on a dyno equipped with a AFR meter and charts.When the rider trim is used it is hundreds of changes in the same amount of time.Never spill a drop of gas and never get even a finger dirty.With a carb you will be lucky to get 2 changes done in that time.Plus I can change the response time.Impossible with a carb.Just those benefits are huge.Days of trial and error are over.

jacobw

#44 Post by jacobw »

well said!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

fig

#45 Post by fig »

Originally posted by mxer450
dude you just contradicked(sp?) yourself.
nascar:
you say nascar doesnt want to go faster they want to go slower.well then why not fuel injection you just said that injection doesnt make more power then carbs.you also said injection is more consistent, well isnt that what nascar is all about?????if its so much more consistent and easier to tune why arent they using it.
nhra:
where is the fuel injection in the big boy classes?who uses it?top fuel?prostock?funny car?who
these cars may have computers to control some things like timing and nitrious progresion but they run carbs.
dirtbike mx:
there are guys who dont want to move over to 4 strokes and want to stay on there 2 strokes you think they're gonna jump on an injected big?hello
rolleyes.gif

as far as changing timing and fuel curve, etc......you can do that with msd and other such devise's you dont need fuel injection for that.

If blowers and turbos make more power why don??????????????????t they use those? It??????????????????s all about money, they limit innovation to save teams money. If you paid attention to what I wrote I also said they make the same hp. Convince me how two identical engines with the same air fuel mixture can make different HP due to FI and carb. They won??????????????????t., but which is easier to tune the timing and fuel mixture thru the entire rpm range?

Top Fuel and Funny car both use fuel injection. When was the last time you saw a Holley sitting on top of a top fuel car? They are blown and injected. Top fuel bikes also run fuel injection. A couple of Pro Stock teams have played with FI, they want to be up to speed when the NHRA allows FI in Pro Stock. All of the new front wheel drive sport teams use fuel injection.

Regarding dirtbike and mx- Only time will tell on this. I lost my crystal ball.

"as far as changing timing and fuel curve, etc......you can do that with msd and other such devise's you dont need fuel injection for that."
True, you don??????????????????t need a toilet to take a dump, but it sure helps! Now instead of me answering your questions you answer one for me:

How does a carb work better or make more hp than FI?

Better yet, don't. I am going to go riding.

To each their own. I choose my destiny, you choose yours!
Have a good weekend.

Cdale_racer_669

#46 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

The real technology is in the F1 cars, and they use FI (i think). tuning Fi is a matter of plugging in a cable and then adjusting numbers, which you usually know whether or not u are running lean, so its easy to type in a cppl numbers, then test it out , then come back and plug it in. It takes longer to pull a carb apart than it does to plug in a cord. yes laptops add on another expense, or u culd buy a 50$ crap computer to put out in the garage. or if u wanted to take it to the races just get a power inverter....there is always a ghetto way tongue.gif but i got to go to work now, so i can make money to pay for this POS cannondale that breaks all the time rolleyes.gif :rotf

jacobw

#47 Post by jacobw »

enough that we could have 3 reliable dales that haul azz and never have any issues:rotf :rotf

mxer450

#48 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by cannondale27
I can make 10-20 major "jetting" changes in  20 minutes on a dyno equipped with a AFR meter and charts.When the rider trim is used it is hundreds of changes in the same amount of time.Never spill a drop of gas and never get even a finger dirty.With a carb you will be lucky to get 2 changes done in that time.Plus I can change the response time.Impossible with a carb.Just those benefits are huge.Days of trial and error are over.

well first off not everyone has access to a dyno.second like i said earlier if there 1 major program to run?i would asume not.so you need to do trial and error to see when the bike runs best.

mxer450

#49 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by fig
If blowers and turbos make more power why don??????????????????t they use those? It??????????????????s all about money, they limit innovation to save teams money. If you paid attention to what I wrote I also said they make the same hp. Convince me how two identical engines with the same air fuel mixture can make different HP due to FI and carb. They won??????????????????t., but which is easier to tune the timing and fuel mixture thru the entire rpm range?

Top Fuel and Funny car both use fuel injection. When was the last time you saw a Holley sitting on top of a top fuel car? They are blown and injected. Top fuel bikes also run fuel injection. A couple of Pro Stock teams have played with FI, they want to be up to speed when the NHRA allows FI in Pro Stock. All of the new front wheel drive sport teams use fuel injection.

Regarding dirtbike and mx- Only time will tell on this. I lost my crystal ball.

"as far as changing timing and fuel curve, etc......you can do that with msd and other such devise's you dont need fuel injection for that."
True, you don??????????????????t need a toilet to take a dump, but it sure helps! Now instead of me answering your questions you answer one for me:

How does a carb work better or make more hp than FI?

Better yet, don't.  I am going to go riding.

To each their own. I choose my destiny, you choose yours!
Have a good weekend.

about money, i know its about money who ever spends more wins.you thunk the top guys dont use the best heck no momey is no object.

i never said a carb makes more or less power then injection.but unless you have access to a dyno which most of us dont i guess your S O L.for just the average guy like me jetting is more economical and i can still beat dales

mxer450

#50 Post by mxer450 »

Originally posted by Cdale_racer_669
The real technology is in the F1 cars, and they use FI (i think). tuning Fi is a matter of plugging in a cable and then adjusting numbers, which you usually know whether or not u are running lean, so its easy to type in a cppl numbers, then test it out , then come back and plug it in. It takes longer to pull a carb apart than it does to plug in a cord. yes laptops add on another expense, or u culd buy a 50$ crap computer to put out in the garage. or if u wanted to take it to the races just get a power inverter....there is always a ghetto way tongue.gif  but i got to go to work now, so i can make money to pay for this POS cannondale that breaks all the time rolleyes.gif :rotf

you guys get smarter everyday