Getting better all the time!!!

jesshamner

#11 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by Brad Oakley
Those are GOLF CART tires to you, Mister!
Here is an end view. Is that the anodizing you were referring to?

Excuse me...golf cart tires...much better! LOL. Anyway...Yes that is the annodizing. I like the color on there but are you going to offer any other colors? I'm trying to pimp my ride dawg. How close does it come to the brake caliper on a hard landing? Have you done any real world tests yet?

Brad Oakley

#12 Post by Brad Oakley »

Wanablaze - that's the same quad (mine) from the magazine test. FLOW threw one of their silencers on (used the Titanium header) to get their picture in the shoot.

We ran the pulls in sets of three, and then adjusted fuel settings in between. By playing with the fuel we brought it from 39 HP up to 42. Peak power always came in the 8 - 9K range. The breakdown was about 4 sets of pulls to adjust the quad to the dyno (we had to deal with some bad wheel hop on one of the golf cart tires) four sets of pulls to wring out the FMF system, and six sets of pulls to play with the new pipe. The 'odd' number (43) is because we had a thumb slip off the throttle during one pull so it was re-done.

wanablaze

#13 Post by wanablaze »

Ah, I see. I knew I'd seen the exhaust before.

Thanx, I was hoping to get my bike tuned on the dyno when I get the motor back. Thus I was curious as to wether it took that long to tune it in...

Once again, congrats on the exhaust!

CptHook

#14 Post by CptHook »

So, are those pics of the new pipe you designed? Or something else? I apologize ahead of time since I only skimmed the thread.

Brad Oakley

#15 Post by Brad Oakley »

Those are photos of the real thing. Designed from the engine head, back.

Oh... we did try and come up with a twin-pipe design, but it just wouldn't work. The combination of chain, gas tank, brake line and shock reservior (sp?) was just too much to overcome!

CptHook

#16 Post by CptHook »

So when are these going to be available? Price? Looks awesome! :clap:

kgd57

Pipe looks good,but............

#17 Post by kgd57 »

I really think that someone should produce a silencer that doesn't get taken out by a hit in the rear. I run TC pipes with a custom header to mount the TC close to where yamaha does. It protects the silencer and sounds GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! When you run MX this is a concern.

kgd57:cool:

jacobw

#18 Post by jacobw »

When are these going to be available? Are you going to supply a dyno chart? What kinda power did it develop in the bottom and midrange? That is that new exhaust company that was in dirt wheels isnt it?

Exodus

#19 Post by Exodus »

Thats an awsome pipe. I diffently like what I see. I have an HMF and love the thing, but I would look alot closer to a pipe that is little quieter. When can we expect a comparison to a few pipes to see the difference in performance. I am interested, just would like to see how my HMF compares to yours on the same day. Thanks for the sneak preveiw. Looks like a winner!

Cdale_racer_669

#20 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i like the way that looks, ill definatly get one after my HMF bites the dust:usa