My engine is coming home!

GDITheman

My engine is coming home!

#1 Post by GDITheman »

After waiting forever for Kibblewhite valves, Haydug is sending my 468 cc engine home tomorrow.

The scary thing is I have completly forgotten everything I learned about Cdales.

What are some key things I should do or not do while re-installing the engine? I don't want to do or forget something stupid while installing the engine.

Thanks

superfly

#2 Post by superfly »

The crank and coolant sensors have the same plug, make sure you dont mix them up.

jfarrar

#3 Post by jfarrar »

congradulations:clap:
unfortunately i have had mine in and out so many times it comes natural installing it so im not sure if i remember to look for anything..lol
dont forget the dielectric grease on the connections take your time and make sure all your connections are in the right place and secured properly.
use star washers on all your grounds and battery cables.
make sure coolant is bled and that the bleeder hose if applicable is functioning properly.
make sure you get the throttle body boot on all the way i have seen alot of people fudge this up.
dont be like me and hit the start button crack the throttle wide open dump the clutch and take off like a raging lunatic.atleast let it come to an idle.
j/k brake it in properly.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

I bet it will all come right back to you.

bestonearth

#5 Post by bestonearth »

Does this mean that the next batch of falicon cranks came in? I also have my motor at Haydug's gettting worked on.

GDITheman

#6 Post by GDITheman »

i grabbed an old "short" rod falicon he had and put it with a J&E piston kit.

theJeStEr1340

#7 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

can you run pump gas with the JE piston kit?

GDITheman

#8 Post by GDITheman »

i think the JE helps make up for the "short" rod. doug or jay could better explain. doug said something about having a 12.5 : 1 compression ratio. can i run pump gas on that? i think i can.