motors? ur pick

lilchampro1

motors? ur pick

#1 Post by lilchampro1 »

what kinda kit u guys like shock, 450 or 468 ???? lemme kno what u guys would do and ur experience, wat kinda crank and bearings what vavles can u guys list ur mods in ur motor what should i get ??

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Right now I would say Timbostroker crank with stock piston and sleeve kit would be most bang for your buck.From there sky is limit.Falicon,JE,Kibblewhites,Cams,Porting.How much $ and time do you have?

lilchampro1

quad

#3 Post by lilchampro1 »

i go a couple month or 2 i was goin to have diamond help me do the motor whats a crank cost off timbo and moly coated wrist pin and vavles and cams all the goodies how much u think for just parts

KRMit

Re: quad

#4 Post by KRMit »

Originally posted by lilchampro1
i go a couple month or 2 i was goin to have diamond help me do the motor whats a crank cost off timbo and moly coated wrist pin and vavles and cams all the goodies how much u think for just parts

I would steer clear of Diamond Racing if I were you. They did a horrible job on my motor when they had it. That's been quite some time ago but I doubt much has changed over there.

lilchampro1

motor

#5 Post by lilchampro1 »

what u mean horriable job b

KRMit

Re: motor

#6 Post by KRMit »

Originally posted by lilchampro1
what u mean horriable job b

It was out of time and had metal shavings all inside the head keeping the valves from seating. There were other problems inside the motor that Jwheat knows more about.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Do a search with Winky as topic.

GDITheman

#8 Post by GDITheman »

rebuilt by haydug with falicon crank, je piston (450), kibblewhite valves and springs.

MotoX_Racer07

Winky

#9 Post by MotoX_Racer07 »

Winky will not put any other vendors parts into your quad. He will use his own designs and thats it. He wont use anyone elses cranks. I am personally very good friends with Jim, and know what he does and does not do. He has concentrated more of his time now to his Blaster motors, TRX and YFZ's. But will still do Cannondale engines. Your best bet is to talk to him personaly. He wont visit these forums anymore due to the badmouthing. Jim and I are going to be in the process of building my Cannondale into a CR250 powered cannondale. Soon to be on its way. This will be the second one out there. Will post pics when its done ... Anyone interested in a Unicorn engine with an aluminum valve cover and stage 8 kit ... motor is still stock and still running perfectly fine, Was built in feb, of 03.