timbomoose & winky?

lilchampro1

timbomoose & winky?

#1 Post by lilchampro1 »

isnt timbo and winky related so how, and winky started building motor before everyone and so that means timbo learned of him whoose better ??? i talked to winky last nite and he is rebuild a motor timbo did 4 weeks ago crank went, hmmmm is there anyone that can keep a dale togther???????:confused:

jacobw

#2 Post by jacobw »

I doubt timbo and winky are related. If a timbo motor went why didnt the customer call timbo and I am sure he would make it right. If they are sending it to winky then good luck to them itstead of 4 weeks it will be 4 minutes. We just put a timbo crank in about 2 months ago it has about 5 hours of time on it now no problems runs real smooth.

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

I always though timbo and winky were brothers! :drink:

Honestly, I doubt winky is rebuilding an engine that timbo just rebuilt 3-4 weeks ago. Seems the owner would return it to timbo, and I'm sure timbo would make it right.
As for anyone being able to hold an engine period together- I'd say NO. I have seen $50,000 race car motors pop in one race, I've also seen a chevy truck with over 300,000 miles and still runs strong. What's this have to do with cannondale? Well, an engine is an engine. I know of a stock dale with over 200 hours running strong to this day. I also know of a race built motor with over 100 hours. BUT, I also know a race motor that only lasted about 10 hours. HMMM, guess that doesn't shed any light on your queastion.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

lilchampro1, fair warning with Winky. He has told alot of people that the Z400 bearing doesnt' work and that Tim has had failures. It seems weird that not a single one of these failures has made it on the site or talked to who installed the Z400 bearing. On the other hand, we have heard and seen alot of Winky cranks that go boom.

And if you wonder about a few of the problems. He is using thrustwashers on the side of the rod which he machines down to fit with the washers. The thrustwashers get ate up and boom. Also, I hope he isn't still doing this one.....He welds the stock pin at the base and then machines it back down to get rid of the groove. BAD thing to do. Welding on that is just bad news. Heard that crank just snaps at that base from being weakened from the welding.

You can send your motor to who you like. I would just steer clear from Winkster. He has told too many people that you just can't keep a cannondale running, after he rebuilt their motor of course.

Fox Mulder

#5 Post by Fox Mulder »

Take a look at the vendor polls, their here for people to share their experience, and their annonymous.

Winky has 50% below average ratings

Timbo has 2.92% below average

Winky's problem is he is a compulsive liar.

He's rebuilt HDC motors that failed with a few hours
He's rebuilt ATK motors that failed with a few hours
His cranks that failed where installed inproperly
Falicon cranks where rebuilt factory cranks
Then he designed the Falicon cranks

Now he's rebuilding Timbo cranks that failed within a few hours.

Do you think there is some sort of widespread conspiracy against Winky on this site? I seriously doubt it. You can decide who you want to do your motor work, and maybe you'll get lucky and be one of the 17% that have an excellent experience.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Maybe another poll of who has a relative they dont want to talk about is in order here.Fox Mulder started a real good list but it is just a start of the lies Winky has started.You will not ever find a better machinist and engine builder to work with than Timbo.

Psychosis

#7 Post by Psychosis »

My Timbo's got atleast 20hrs of HARD RACING. It hasn't had a pretty life so far but ZERO problems. It runs smoother than ever and just keeps pulling. I talked w/Winky almost 2yrs ago when he was working on cranks and just speaking w/him a few times I bought a factory crank if that says anything.

Haz-Matt

#8 Post by Haz-Matt »

Winky does not know what he is taking about when it comes to a cannondale. I will never go to him for anything. A two year old might know more than winky. The only people I trust are Timbo, Haydug,and BlackWidow. smile.gif :clap: There might be more good people like that out there ,but don't know. Anybody but winky or maz. :confused: I agree with 27 100% about Timbo.:clap: :clap:

MotoX_Racer07

Some people talk but have no Idea or known facts to back up what they say

#9 Post by MotoX_Racer07 »

I get a kick out of all the people on this website. For one most of you people don't even know the kind of work Jim can do, or the great work he has already done. He was onto the Cannondales when they first started. He has had the experience with these machines and has probably seen a lot most havn't. Anyone ever check out his other work? Check out www.projectblaster.com everyone raves about his engine work there. He builds a blaster that will eat up a Dale in a drag like its an Yamaha R1 bike. You can laugh but I've seen it. He knows now there is money to be made elsewhere with TRX and YFZ motors, and a couple Chimp Engine assemblers from this site aren't worth his time. Yes I said Assemblers and not builders. He wont let select people in his shop anymore since ideas and designs were stolen and copied. The person most likely knows who he is. I always keep a low key on these sights because of all the BS people talk and how much they ruin peoples names. He tried to do some good for the Cannondale crowd but instead got beat into the ground with some of the good he was trying to do. As far as Jim is concerned I am sure he could care less if the cannondale crowd keeps talking him down. He knows what he can do and knows what other great customers he has aside from cannondale. Its not like he is losing here. He has so much other engine work he can do and make money on. And know they are going to stay together on top of it.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Like I said before I have a Winky crank and modded cartraige plate sitting on shelf.Make me a offer$.Never been used.