Hellbound

MX Quad Dad

Hellbound

#1 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Anybody deal with hellbound racing on ebay. I have bid on a few Items but never won them.

I was looking at a engine they have up. they say it is a 2003 engine and its out of the quad they have pictured.

the engine is a cable clutch engine. I thought all the 03 were hydrolic?

Next the quad pictured is a Speed. I am pretty sure all Speeds were hydrolic clutch. And I know someone could have put a cable clutch engine in a Speed. But the picture is bad and the handle bars are turned so you cant see the clutch, but from what I can make out in the pic it looks like a hydrolic clutch engine in the quad pitchured

It may not really mean anything but I don't know why they would show the quad it came out of in the first place. Just seems a little underhanded to me

parks9

#2 Post by parks9 »

look down the lists of post and find the one that is warning you about this motor.

ccole

#3 Post by ccole »

I have bought parts from them in the past and had have good luck with them.

JST

#4 Post by JST »

I have also,excellen to deal with.

quadprorider

#5 Post by quadprorider »

That speed in the picture is a clutch. You can tell because on all clutch dales the cable goes through the right radiator guard in a little hole then goes to the motor. I am not sure but did they come out with speeds in 02 with the clutch motor? Hope this helps?

MX Quad Dad

#6 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I didn't want it to sound like I was bashin Hellbound racing. I bid on a few items here and there on ebay and most of the time they are going in my spare parts bin. If I buy something like Dirt did and it sits on the shelf for a while before I use it I would be stuck with it. So I am just tring to make sure I purchase from good sorces. too many scamers on ebay. Its good to hear Dirt got a refund.

I own a early 02 Speed, and it has a hydrolic clutch. I do understand that someone may have assembled this quad or just put a differant engine in it. or even just changed the plastic, bars and some other items.

The picture is not that clear, and I was looking more at the area in frount of the sprocket. anyway if I see something just a little suspiscous (sp?) I get a little nervous about spending money.

jwheat

#7 Post by jwheat »

I've bought a few things from them and have never had a problem.