Dune Ready 'Dale

Killer_Shee

Dune Ready 'Dale

#1 Post by Killer_Shee »

After buying the Quad on Ebay for 3g, I put a lot of elbow grease into her and came up with this. I still have an HMF system coming, but it seems they don't get in any hurry to build stuff. Colby ordered the pipe for me on May 5, and it shows no signs of even being built yet. Anyway, here is what I have so far.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Ummm ...thats...thats.....one clean machine :wow Did you get a chance to update the motor? If it looks like it will be a long time for your pipe you can mod the toaster so it will last and put out great sound /power while still being "legal".

Blazinmoto

#3 Post by Blazinmoto »

Nice and clean quad!!:clap:

CptHook

#4 Post by CptHook »

nice looking machine man, after doin necessary update, invest in some ohlins fronts, you can find them on ebay for fairly cheap

cannibal67

#5 Post by cannibal67 »

Sweet dale man. I like the seat cover and the silver and red combo.

yamadjs08

#6 Post by yamadjs08 »

That was the 03 Stars & Stripes LE tha tyou bought in Iowa?
If so, wow! Thats quite a transformation, looks great!:clap:

Sandstorm

#7 Post by Sandstorm »

Looks great. Us duners have to have clean machines.. We're spoiled I guess..

superfly

#8 Post by superfly »

really like the red and silver, you dont see that often. looks great, very clean.

Killer_Shee

#9 Post by Killer_Shee »

Thanks for the compliments!

Speaking of motor updates, we pulled the clutch out of the thing and checked out the bolts and they all have the teardrop fastener behind the bolts. Can somebody tell me what this means and if that is good or bad? I have the kit to do the motor mount update, but I didn't get it installed yet. I barely got the thing ready to go to the dunes as it was. I was impressed with the power, but it felt awful choppy in the rough stuff. It takes whoops like a champ, but it about pulls the bars out my hands in the choppy sections of sand. Would the Ohlins shocks cure that problem? All my other quads have Works shocks on them and I was going to get a set for this beast as well, but if the Ohlins will cure the problem and I can get them cheap I'll go that route.

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

Welcome to the site. Colby told me you were lurking in the background. Glad to see you posted. Teardrop shaped things behind the bolts is the stage 8 kit this is good. Good luck and feel free to ask more questions!