Most Memorable Cannondale Times

LapTraffic

#11 Post by LapTraffic »

If you lived closer Joe, Id buy you a beer. smile.gif

Thanks

dawzie

#12 Post by dawzie »

My best Dale moment. Wellllll, I bought the Dale as a back-up for my sons YZF. If it broke at least he could ride the Dale and do well. Last fall, the week before we where going to the Buds Creek National his tranny blew. He rode the Dale and did OK. So that was a good Dale moment.

Then this past winter we decided to try ice racing. He talked me into running the Dale. The first race taught us what tires to use and how to stud them. The following week we came back with the right tires and studs on both the YZF and the Dale. In 4-stroke open I was in 3rd behind my son in the hole shot, on lap 5 I think, we passed the guy in 1st, on lap 7 I passed my son, lap 8 I was the 1st one to the checker. biggrin.gif Then I went on and took 4th in the money class.

That was the first time I ever raced. In 3 weeks I took a 1st a 2nd and two 4th's Not bad for an old guy racing a bunch of kids wink.gif Another Dale moment !!

Then there was last week at the MX Nationals in Virgina. The YZF failed tech inspection. Front end to wide and we didnt have any 1x4 rims. So he decided to run the Dale in 4-stroke "A" and Production Amature. On Saturday he finished 1st in production and 4th in his heat race for "A". Races where snowed out Sunday so he won production and 8th in "A" because the other heat winner had a faster ET than his heat.

When he called me Sunday I thought it was going to be sad news, I was overjoyed when he told me how he did wink.gif Another Dale moment !!

LapTraffic

#13 Post by LapTraffic »

MAN! That is one cushy lookin seat!

smile.gif

drbowtie

#14 Post by drbowtie »

That looks like its more comfortable than ridding bare a$$ed on an acre of Titties!~

(can I say that? If not I know your smile-in while your censoring me)biggrin.gif

drbowtie

#15 Post by drbowtie »

Fox racer... Did they deliver your Quad via Air mail? Wow!

I must be a real loser because the last time I was that far off the ground on something with four wheels it was right after my neighbor said "Betcha can't jump route 67 with your Pick up?" And just before I had to buy two new front tires a muffler a windsheild and some gauze for my split head!

OH... And don't do that with crap all over the inside of your truck either!:eek:

LapTraffic

#16 Post by LapTraffic »

That scene from Hot Shots with Charlie Sheen when he rolls the plane upside down and that crap falls into the canopy just cracks me up smile.gif Same thing inside you cab I imagine.

That seat is somthing else. If I had that I'd get rid of my lazboy and just park my bike in the living room smile.gif

drbowtie

#17 Post by drbowtie »

Well at least we now know the truth about what happens in Nevada when quad racers have a little spare time... The breed burko-loungers and four wheelers.

I kinda like their strange sense of humor!

drbowtie

#18 Post by drbowtie »

Oh and Foxracer...

You forgot to white out that little sign in the background that says "Burt Crane and Rigging". If you look close we can see the cable you are swinging from...

Hee, he, he.... Just kidding... Cool picture

4punksdad

#19 Post by 4punksdad »

here is a one footed head hunter..............my new trademark freestyle move ohmy.gif

mxrookie

Too easy

#20 Post by mxrookie »

First time actually getting to blow away some buddies draggin at the dunes . First trip to the dunes actually . Well get down to it any time i get a chance to get out and ride are my most memorable times on the machine .