1st Ride 1st Horror story

parks9

#11 Post by parks9 »

awesome rice rockets

banzairx7

#12 Post by banzairx7 »

Originally posted by Sage
I had my battery checked and it was not good. They told me there was short in it. Something about a plate in the top of the battery that was bad. I didn't know a battery could do this, but if this is all that it is I will be happy.

I don't know if it's cannondales or ATV's in general but I go through a lot of batteries. I've had my bike just under a year and I'm going onto battery #4. My first one died like yours. The last three don't hold much charge anymore. If the bike doesn't start within 10 seconds my battery is dead.

440rider

#13 Post by 440rider »

i've been through 3 batteries and now have a dual battery setup and cranks fanst but now engine wont turn over....I'm about done

Sandstorm

#14 Post by Sandstorm »

You can get a battery from a Z400 to fit right in or go to Welfaremart...

John Thomas

#15 Post by John Thomas »

ahh, you now see why I buy rice rockets. I went trough many a cannondale battery. Your short might be so complicated that it is not worth investigating. Put a new battery in it and pass the problem to someone who care enough to waste 10, 20, 30 hours to fix. It took 3 different shops and multiple machanics to fix. On your stator there are 3 small letters close to the inside of the housing. Each time it rotated it shorted out the electrical system. Apparently the letters arc at some point. Just as an experiment they grinded the letters flat. This fixed the problem. I went trough 4 batteries befor this lucky guess happened. Unless your a certified machenic I would look the other way. I like dependable rice rockets. Think of it like this you may never find the problem. Never replaced a battery in my rice rocket's. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

wistech

#16 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by John Thomas
ahh, you now see why I buy rice rockets.  I went trough many a cannondale battery.  Your short might be so complicated that it is not worth investigating.  Put a new battery in it and pass the problem to someone who care enough to waste 10, 20, 30 hours to fix.  It took 3 different shops and multiple machanics to fix.  On your stator there are 3 small letters close to the inside of the housing.  Each time it rotated it shorted out the electrical system.  Apparently the letters arc at some point.  Just as an experiment they grinded the letters flat.  This fixed the problem.  I went trough 4 batteries befor this lucky guess happened.  Unless your a certified machenic I would look the other way.  I like dependable rice rockets.  Think of it like this you may never find the problem.  Never replaced a battery in my rice rocket's.  Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I was only able to decipher half of this:confused: Flat letters?

Sandstorm

#17 Post by Sandstorm »

Now lets not get off the subject, not intednd toward Wisetech or anybody. This could get into a pissin match real quick..John has stated his experience. These boards are to learn from a potential money draining problem that has a simple fix. I would be very mad also at Johns experience. For most of us things like this don't happen. If it is an electrical issue I don't think a Dale is unlike any other EFI bike that the big four produce so a competent wrench will fix it, not should fix it..

banzairx7

#18 Post by banzairx7 »

Originally posted by John Thomas
ahh, you now see why I buy rice rockets.  I went trough many a cannondale battery.  Your short might be so complicated that it is not worth investigating.  Put a new battery in it and pass the problem to someone who care enough to waste 10, 20, 30 hours to fix.  It took 3 different shops and multiple machanics to fix.  On your stator there are 3 small letters close to the inside of the housing.  Each time it rotated it shorted out the electrical system.  Apparently the letters arc at some point.  Just as an experiment they grinded the letters flat.  This fixed the problem.  I went trough 4 batteries befor this lucky guess happened.  Unless your a certified machenic I would look the other way.  I like dependable rice rockets.  Think of it like this you may never find the problem.  Never replaced a battery in my rice rocket's.  Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Blah, Blah. Ban this bozo!!

YFZ's burn up and more importantly blow up batteries a million times more than dales.

John Thomas

#19 Post by John Thomas »

Look I was just stating the issue with my atv. And who said I have a yfz. I own all three jap bikes and a cannondale and a dirt bike and a Dodge Hemi. Can you pee that far banzairx7!!!!! I don't think so. I also own a ds650, what can I say I have an addiction towards quads and lots of money. For the real issue though my stator was the problem. They person who figured it out specifically said the he had to grind three very small letters on the stator. It never happened again. Banzairx7 what knowledge do you have of this issue. Contribute or don't post dumbass reply's. Can you help this guy out or just blablblalbalballbalblabla. Also don't assume what you don't know! Also I found out the hard way. 4 batteries and 6 plus hrs or pushing.

banzairx7

#20 Post by banzairx7 »

Your crank bearing was going letting the crank move in and out and shorting the stator.