Eat my dust.....cough cough

KRMit

#11 Post by KRMit »

Remapped? The Pred is EFI?

wistech

#12 Post by wistech »

No i was kidding .Its got a carb.
. I think it would be a great quad for the smooth fast winter trails . Maybe once the suspension gets sorted out it wont kick your but through the whooped out sections.

iceracer17

#13 Post by iceracer17 »

Bomb,
Never said it wasn't fast.It's nice once you get it up in the power band.Just needs some low end for the trails and some major suspension tuning for trail riding.:hammer:

m0n5t3R

#14 Post by m0n5t3R »

I have what started out as an 03 predator.I have changed all the electronics did some carb work have lightened subframe,pre production carbon fiber exhaust.These bikes are alot of fun they just need to shave off like 40 lbs.And if you dont think they are any god for trail riding just ask Matt Smiley what he thinks:eek:

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Its a nice quad.I just dont understand what they were thinking when they went with the shocks on the Troy Lee Ice has.It sits about 3 in. higher than last years Predators has straight rate springs and a tendency to force you to the front of the quad.When that happens the back end will kick big time.Might be something wrong with back shock since it really acted weird,Bounced like a pogo when hot.Dave will get it sorted out I am sure.The goal was to keep the quad stock for trailriding and have the Dale for racing though.I was considering doing same thing.Just dont know what would handle the trails as nice as my dale though.Thats one reason I went with 12-1 compression on stroker.Pump gas works just fine.

wistech

#16 Post by wistech »

Been doing a little research on the predators. Sounds like a spring kit is in order to get the shocks to work better. Id try a simple zps and dropping the ride hieght in the rear . 450r's had a similar problem with the rear. You just need to mess with it a little . Dont give up on it yet.

iceracer17

#17 Post by iceracer17 »

I have some parts coming.Should be there by the time i get back for the weekend.
I'm sure Smileys predator has the stock shocks and no mods to help it out either.rolleyes.gif
If i can get it lowered down a couple inches i think that will help.

bombsquad54

#18 Post by bombsquad54 »

mine dont sit too high at all, the spring kit makes a huge difference and get a pipe and some more light work and it really wakes it up, check mine out. kindof dark, but i have no problem throughing it around with stock shocks

chigger81

#19 Post by chigger81 »

Smileys pred is in dirtwheels this month.
It says he runs a stock motor and a stock carb, but yet he runs klotz 100 octane fuel.

For suspension hes got: Custom axis front and rear. Roll A arms - stock width with gpr stabilizer, razr 2s, and hipers

Id say that helps him a little through the woods, but they claim hes running stock powertrain other than a polaris pure pipe. rolleyes.gif

bombsquad54

#20 Post by bombsquad54 »

i know smiley's mechanic, (nicholas cycle) and he is runnning stock a arms- with roll stickers because they are a sponsor, and yes a stock motor, but thats about to change word has it. the fuel is again a sponsorship deal, and predators like the higher octane.